17 Posts
    4k Views
    A

https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-theme-lavender/pull/34

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

I have upgraded to mongodb 2.6.4, I have run the following command to upgrade the mongodb to v5

mongos --configdb 127.0.0.1:27017 --upgrade

with no error, I have clicked on reindex the database. when I search I get the following stuff in the cli

MongoError: Unable to execute query: error processing query: ns=0.search limit=50 skip=0 Tree: $and key == "topic" TEXT : query=cool, language=, tag=NULL Sort: {} Proj: {} planner returned error: need exactly one text index for $text query at Object.toError (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/utils.js:114:11) at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:700:54 at Cursor.close (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:983:5) at commandHandler (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:700:21) at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/db.js:1847:9 at Server.Base._callHandler (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/base.js:445:41) at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:478:18 at MongoReply.parseBody (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/responses/mongo_reply.js:68:5) at null.<anonymous> (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:436:20) at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)
  • So, who's watching the Apple Conference?

0 Votes
    24 Posts
    9k Views
    fuzzmzF

The one thing I like about iTunes and iDevices is that it allows you to make a complete backup of the thing.

Now, this is mitigated somewhat on Android by having your phone rooted so you can take a Nandroid backup, but it's not exactly user friendly, at least not compared to the one-click solution Apple offers.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • My next theme

Moved
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    13k Views
    SteveS

I agree with @psychobunny on the stripes.. Maybe use the same color as the header bar background for continuity.

• Internet Slow Down Day

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    ?

This is targeted for those who are stateside mostly, but this could end up affecting everyone.

I saw the campaign mentioned on Reddit, and it seems like it would be pretty simple to add the script into a widget to display on your NodeBB install if you were interested in doing something along those lines.

Here's the campaign sign up if anyone is interested and has a lot of US traffic.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/sept10th/#sites

• URI malformed?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@baris said:

Added an error check for that function. https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/5696ea239633151d5adb6fade0dfa8b2d7805d7e

Good stuff, cheers Baris, I will have another run at it with that commit at some point, see what caused it, the URLs did have % in them. So it was likely that. Have an upvote. 👍

• custom meta tag

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    N

@psychobunny said:

<meta name="custom" content="custom meta tag" />

Thank so much. He He.

• nginx/apache proxy whut?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    50k Views
    P

@jmj I found that this thread was deleted, I've restored it because I think it will be useful to someone in the future. Hope that's OK with you - and I'm glad you figured it out 🙂

• SEO and Options

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    P

Yeah. We need to have an "SEO Expert" (tm) have a look at what we're doing and make sure we're on track. Other than that as @a_5mith alluded earlier we've made everything so modular that I would imagine anything we need to change won't take THAT much work to accomplish.

• 1 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@luke said:

@a_5mith Even if you need to update NodeBB?

Believe so. Taken from this blog post

I'm glad to say that I did end up figuring out the second problem, and NodeBB now comes with a "Reload" functionality in addition to the existing "Restart":

The results?

Reloads are now transparent and do not kick existing connections off. Admins used to be afraid to swap plugins because a server restart incurred downtime. Not anymore!

Occasionally, incompatible plugins break NodeBB. The new reload system will catch errors as they occur, display them to the admin, and continue serving the old assets, meaning NodeBBs will no longer be left dead in the water when a plugin breaks.

End users won't notice a reload, as connections are maintained. Restart downtimes are reduced to near-zero, as a parallel instance is started and seamlessly switched over when ready.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@psychobunny said:

Yeah we should add a bit of documentation to the top of that ACP page. Anybody willing to PR? 😛

I'd add it to docs.nodebb under an ACP header, then just document every option of the ACP and what it does. Saves clutter that way. Don't mind throwing something together with some screenshots etc. assuming the docs accept screenshots. 👍

• Explain the topic thumbnail to me.

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

@a_5mith Interesting will take a look, when I get a chance.

• The most active NodeBB forum yet

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@psychobunny Ah, I just did it with a bit of CSS.

img

They're a bit off on top. 😆 Will fix them properly at some point, or just use 0.5.1 when I've had my bravery gravy. 😄

• Categories placement on the home

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    5k Views
    frissdiegurkeF

They don't work because the lavender theme seems to have some overwrites to fix 100% not fitting in some browsers:
    https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-theme-lavender/blob/master/less/style.less#L80-L90

Because of the .home ... it's more specific and overwrites the default bootstrap classes.
    To make your own ones working you have to use sth. like this for now:

@media all and (min-width: 2048px) { .home .col-xl { width:8.33333% } }

ping @psychobunny maybe he'll fix that for standard bootstrap classes (would need to include all col-md and col-lg classes definitions into theme thought). 🎁

PS: you can see/change the bootstrap settings in lavender here, so it's lg: 1200px+, md: 992px+, sm: 768px+, xs: 480px+
    But beware that this affects all columns on each page not only on home... If you intend to only change home you should rather overwrite them with .home .col-... as in above code-block 😉

• 1 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    P

Haha okay, no pressure. We definitely do have to get a new competition up and running though

• Does NodeBB support subforums?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    C

@a_5mith Nice. I'll track it!

• NodeBB, come to India

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    meetdilipM

he he. Always a NodeBB fan. Others later. Just that cannot convince co-admins to use NodeBB. Will sure move in future. 👍

Eagerly waiting for 0.5.x.