• Wassup, not sure on the legislation of listing things here, but I received my Embrace+ from a Kickstarter campaign yesterday, bought it for my other half who has an HTC One X, turns out it requires version 4.3 of Android or higher, it's a really nice bit of kit. There's a video of it here.

It's on eBay if anyone in the UK wants it. If you're a reputable member on here, I may consider sending abroad, but you're paying the postage. 😛

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321512142265?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• @a_5mith said:

Embrace+

That kinda seems useless now with the release of smartwatches.

• I backed it in April of last year. It took 16 months for them to make it, despite having design mockups and prototypes of everything before receiving a quarter of a million to make it. 😆

It's good for those that don't want to look like Michael Knight, but want notifications, I bought it for my other half, she works in a place where her phone has to stay in her bag out the back. So wearing this would alert her to texts from certain people via the changing colours/styles. However her HTC One X (a relatively new phone compared to the 2.3 minimum they stated when I backed) is not compatible due to needing android 4.3.

• @a_5mith I can see it being really useful in that situation. Root the One X and install a rom with 4.3?

• @Scuzz said:

@a_5mith I can see it being really useful in that situation. Root the One X and install a rom with 4.3?

I asked them that, they replied back with, we did try that, it didn't work on the One X, but it did on the Galaxy S3 mini... A phone I don't own.

Helpful. 😆

• Admin

Well if you don't find any takers in the UK, if you want to donate that to the next plugin competition we could pay for the shipping 🙂 It's about time we got a new competition going, it's been a while

Julian's on vacation next week so best to do it next Friday so that he has 0 chances of winning.

• @psychobunny Potentially, they've offered to send me out another one for some reason, so I may take this off ebay and see what happens. 👍

• Admin

Haha okay, no pressure. We definitely do have to get a new competition up and running though

Suggested Topics

| |