General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Delete Post

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    frissdiegurkeF

You know that if you edit a file of NodeBB itself it may refuse to update by git pull because a merge would be needed?
    So it may be that you're working with an old version of NodeBB o_O

Anyways...
    If you are able to delete a post you have the permission to also restore it. Because of this the post doesn't get removed but only gets less opacity (within the official themes).
    I just don't know in which case the post could be removed from DOM after reload, may be an inofficial theme or an old version of NodeBB (maybe because of the reason above).

• Mobile version of NodeBB vs WeChat, etc

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    M

Hello folks,

I have a general question and curiosity ---- do you guys think the mobile chat app like weChat will do most of the jobs NodeBB can do? do you guys see the value to create native mobile app for nodeBB.

thanks.

• JS use in homepage

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    4k Views
    B

@kimmanuel what I meant that it's too fast for the user to see it.

just use the Custom JS and try it out. It'll work, i already edit the menu items here: http://forums.afraidtoask.com/

Right click and view-source (or if you're in chrome click here) and you'll see the Custom JS script tag that reverses the menu items, hides the icons, shows the text instead and it adds a new item called "Home"

<script> $(function() { var ul = $("ul#main-nav"); var items = ul.find("li"); items.each(function(i, li){ li = $(li); li.find("a>i").addClass("hide"); li.find("a span").removeClass("visible-xs-inline"); }); ul .append(items.get().reverse()) .prepend('<li><a href="http://www.afraidtoask.com" title="" target="_top" data-original-title="Home"><i class="fa fa-fw fa-home hide"></i><span class=""> Home</span></a></li>'); }); </script>
  • NBB and Redis on a Remote Server

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    ?

@julian It seemed pretty straight forward in my mind is the worst part.

Yup, I want this server to be this other server's pathetic little slave and take orders all day...Wha?.....It's rebelling!
    It's hard to beat the incorrect logic of something you know absolutely should work as you're telling it to.

• Test this

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • User having an issue making posts.

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@julian Yeah they're based in the Netherlands, he's also my most useful member, posts a lot of mixes for people to download etc. Hopefully fingers are pulled out of orifices and this gets merged. 😆

Edit:

The only issue is the redis adapter doesn't clean up

Whaat?

• Unread Count

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

This code: https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/blob/a9ca035e1e3d54fc457569196116871bfc8c3ba5/src/topics/unread.js#L118-L145 😄

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    A

@psychobunny good point. 😆

• Help with install

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    D

Thanks for the help @a_5mith ! 🙂

nodebb is new for me! I'll test @localhost first, and learn how it works! Thanks!

• 3 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    KayimiK

Such catchy music. :D!

• Need freelancer with Nodebb experience

0 Votes
    47 Posts
    22k Views
    S

@a_5mith @julian @psychobunny
    I had an advancement, but since the price itself was very low the advancement wasn't that much either 😉 the current work done on it would be worth more than the final amount.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not that mad about the money, since I considered this more of a "charity" project with a little payment. If I'd be building this for a large, serious party I could probably ask a whole lot more. Because I considered it to be a "charity" project I didn't bother writing up and signing any paper work.

The point of this "review" was more to let other developers be cautious when agreeing to do some paid work for him.

To conclude, yes it's something the community can benefit from. It's a rework/extension on the WebRTC plugin. It'd be possible to create (private or public) rooms (from anywhere in NodeBB) which people could join. It'd support most of the experimental WebRTC stuff like Chrome screensharing etc. It'd also be easily extendible with new WebRTC functions.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the money, it's not like I really need it. I'll just put this project on hold and work on other stuff (poll plugin ;)).

• imgur clientid does not save

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

@Ted

nope, not working but the error from cli has disappeared

• Can't Register or Login In

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    julianJ

Glad I could help 🙂

• 0 Votes
    30 Posts
    13k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

@julian

I am running the nodebb on development mode. when I upload a picture, No matter what type I get the following error after the upload count get's to 100% even if I have stopped all other apps.

Screen Shot 2014-08-27 at 8.35.29 PM.png

and in the console just this:

warn: Route requested but not found: /api/post/upload
  • Header Icon

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Selection_016.png

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    kimmanuelK

@Ted @a_5mith Okay. I'm going to disable solr plugin then. Thank you guys for your help. 🙂

• 0 Votes
    18 Posts
    7k Views
    N

@Ted said:

If you'll start NodeBB and leave it running, I'll see if I can can connect to it and register a profile

I can't this server is not open on internet, only in local.

• Install NodeBB to Codio

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    E

@Evzen-Pomschar
    All sorted now:
    https://codio.com/s/docs/specifics/nodebb/
    (this had been added to github)

Thank you all for your help.

• Hubot integration

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Hubot integration would be a neat plugin. I looked into this briefly when the team dabbled with HipChat (long story short, HipChat is no longer installed on our computers).

• Analytics plugin.

3 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    T

This does look very cool, quite interested in getting my hands on it sometime in the near future.