search not working on my installed nodeBB

• Hello,

I have a nodebb installed on debian wheezy with mongoldb and I am not able to search posts. I have uninstalled the db search plugin restarted the nodebb then installed it again and activated it and restarted the nodebb again but it does not help. Is there anything I could do?

• Have you indexed the data from the plugin control panel?

• @a_5mith said:

Have you indexed the data from the plugin control panel?

Yes, many times

• Hello, i installed on Ubuntun with mongodb too, and the search really are not working..

• Staff Admin

Are you on mongo 2.6? You can check the search collection in the database to see if there is anythin indexed.

• @baris said:

Are you on mongo 2.6? You can check the search collection in the database to see if there is anythin indexed.

I am on mongo 2.0.6.

• Staff Admin

You need at least 2.6 for nodebb.

• if I upgrade would I loose the informations from the current database? On the other hand I would prefer to move to redis. Is there any way I could export the mongodb and import it to redis?

• @Peter-Zoltan-Keresztes disse:

if I upgrade would I loose the informations from the current database? On the other hand I would prefer to move to redis. Is there any way I could export the mongodb and import it to redis?

Peter i have upgrade my mongodb to version 2.6 and the search now working fine and i do not lose any information :), thanks @baris

• @vinewood said:

Peter i have upgrade my mongodb to version 2.6 and the search now working fine and i do not lose any information , thanks @baris

Can you please point me to a tutorial or a howto? I don't want to mess it up.

• I have upgraded to mongodb 2.6.4, I have run the following command to upgrade the mongodb to v5

mongos --configdb 127.0.0.1:27017 --upgrade

with no error, I have clicked on reindex the database. when I search I get the following stuff in the cli

MongoError: Unable to execute query: error processing query: ns=0.search limit=50 skip=0
      Tree: $and
    key == "topic"
    TEXT : query=cool, language=, tag=NULL
    Sort: {}
    Proj: {}
     planner returned error: need exactly one text index for $text query
        at Object.toError (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/utils.js:114:11)
        at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:700:54
        at Cursor.close (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:983:5)
        at commandHandler (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/cursor.js:700:21)
        at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/db.js:1847:9
        at Server.Base._callHandler     (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/base.js:445:41)
        at /nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:478:18
        at MongoReply.parseBody     (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/responses/mongo_reply.js:68:5)
        at null.<anonymous> (/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:436:20)
        at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:95:17)

Suggested Topics

| |