3.8k Topics 23.3k Posts
  • Speech recognition?!

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    BriB

@julian said:

@Mr_Waffle said:

That is actually possible when I add the ability to add commands from the AdminCP.

Welcome to level 2.

"NodeBB make me a sandwich"

And then if NodeBB gives some attitude... "NodeBB sudo make me a sandwich"

• Am I blind?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    C

@psychobunny No - everyone has the proper write permissions. Even threads where i have quoted in the past have it missing.

I'll update core a bit later and see if that might resolve it.

• A Few Questions About NodeBB

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

The plugin needs a bit of work as @julian keeps QQing about ๐Ÿ˜„

Link Preview Image Issues ยท psychobunny/nodebb-plugin-desktop-notifications

This NodeBB plugin uses the HTML5 Notifications API to display desktop alerts upon new incoming notifications. - Issues ยท psychobunny/nodebb-plugin-desktop-notifications

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

It's not part of core, and in the near future I'd like to resolve them!

• Title of pages

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hey @mouseluka -- I see what you mean, you'd like to be able to replace "Index"? Let me make the changes...

Edit: Done! The new translation strings are in the /languages folder now

• lavander grid system

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

If you remove this line in lavender.js it should do the trick
    new Masonry('.row.home > div', {

๐Ÿ™‚

• NodeBB config

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    S
    { "base_url": "http://domain.com", "port": "4568", "use_port": true, "secret": "xxxx", "bind_address": "0.0.0.0", "database": "redis", "redis": { "host": "127.0.0.1", "port": "6379", "password": "", "database": "0" }, "mongo": { "host": "127.0.0.1", "port": "27017", "password": "", "database": "0" }, "bcrypt_rounds": 12, "upload_path": "/public/uploads", "relative_path": "" }

You didn't close the "http://domain.com" string, and JSON doesn't support comments.

• Very happy with NodeBB

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    P

@meetdilip said:

Though it is only a couple of days since I became active, I am really feeling good here. The readability, layout and navigation is cool. I would say even better than Xenforo. Keep the good working going team. All the best ๐Ÿ™‚

(Y) glad to hear that, we're still new-ish (7 months old) so lots of cool things to come ๐Ÿ™‚

• nodebb-plugin-import - Notes and Questions

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    B

i replied in the wrong thread, well related thread, http://community.nodebb.org/topic/617/#4304

• IP to bind to

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    F

During installation when the question is, IP or Hostname to bind to (0.0.0.0), isn't it a bad idea to default to any IP?

• About security

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    aaronA

A couple questions...

What security measures do you take when users upload content to the website? I notice that the upload icon in this reply-editing box is an image whereas on the instance I'm hosting, it's an upload icon. Is there any way to specify who can upload what when?

Thanks!

• 0 Votes
    22 Posts
    7k Views
    X

its definitely something to do with sockets i think

• Confusion in recent replies on home page

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    barisB

Already fixed in lavender just not pushed yet.

• New User Experience

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    P

Or NUX for short. Was thinking of a potential plugin for this at some point (ex, arrow pointing to register button). @trevor, I remember some initial version of convoe had some help tooltip that was pretty cool, it zoomed across the page and stuff and told you about the keyboard shortcuts, etc. What was this lib or was it custom?

• HELP ME - I think ive done a stupid ๐Ÿ˜›

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    X

All working thanks @baris npm install did the trick

• What BB did you use before NodeBB?

0 Votes
    34 Posts
    15k Views
    P

@trevor said:

I can't wait to see what you have planned for that @psychobunny

yeah me too ๐Ÿ˜› personal goal of mine is to get a NodeBB port of that off the ground. I was just looking around the net for a phpbb forum that still uses RPG system. Gaia Online got off phpbb and ran their own thing eventually so they don't count anymore. One of my old friends catghost is still amazingly running her community today, and this is easily 10 years old...

http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=10439

Unfortunately she has her forum locked down so you'd have to register to actually play around. I have to admit that her forum home page was an inspiration for our multi column homepage layout. Was a totally new concept back then... everybody other forum software has by default a single column layout for their home page.

As for the plugin... In a nutshell you earn money from posting in forums and/or battling monsters or other forum users, and then you buy equipment and dress up your avatar. Equip these items and defeat others in battle, join guilds, explore zones (everything including maps configurable in the ACP). Gain raw materials from activities like fishing, mining, and then craft items with skills like blacksmithing and enchanting. For the casual user they're usually happy enough gaining gold and xp from posting but the real gamification comes from users battling each other.

All in all an amazing plugin in its day and I can't wait to see a modern NodeBB version of this. In fact, if anybody has any PHP experience and is interested in helping me port over the code, I'd love to talk to you ๐Ÿ˜›

• Random late night questions.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    maniacmusicM

so purple ^-^

• iMac Died

0 Votes
    25 Posts
    10k Views
    S

Finaly I have my mac back, but it's going to take 6 hours to restore from back up zzzzzzzzzzz and that's just the mac side, bootcamp will be similar sort of time ๐Ÿ˜ž

• 0 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    S

I'm using the Git implementation in PhpStorm, one of the best IDE Git integrations I've seen. Visual Studio can learn a thing or 2000 from that.

• Bright light! my eyes!

0 Votes
    19 Posts
    5k Views
    P

if you have a big signature like yours though, the post will have some awkward amount of padding below... so I guess that would work only if you restricted it to one or two lines maybe.

edit: also, you signature hog!

• Happy derpday to you, happy derpday to you

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    S

Happy birthday Trevor hope its a good day ๐Ÿ™‚