julianJ

i lik dis alot

• Shoutbox on the site maybe?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    S

@psychobunny said:

Just a heads up, I'm thinking of a way to define "widgets" for plugins (yours would definitely be a widget type plugin). Then in the ACP you'd be able to customize where it'd show up (home page near motd or as a sidebar, category sidebar etc)

As for putting this on our homepage, I think once this theme is ready it would look pretty good as a sidebar option: https://github.com/psychobunny/nodebb-theme-lavender

Awesome, keep me updated on the widgets thing. As of right now my plugin would still place the shoutbox on the top of the page on that theme.

• Theme editing - bootstrap

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

Link Preview Image NodeBB Hands-On Theming Guide, Part 1 | Burn after compiling

favicon

(burnaftercompiling.com)

this is probably the way you should do it for minimal pain when upgrading (ignore the custom template section if you're not changing tpls)

• Odd issue

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Tell me about it. Redis error messages are the worst. 🙂

From the sounds of it, it looks like we're doing a database call without checking for a proper error callback. But without a proper line number, there's no way to know which call is doing it 😞

• NodeBB release names

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    F

@baris

v7 Ford Nation
    v8 Vegetarian Mayor

• Problem With Setup: "Database type not set!"

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    P

Yeah I don't really find heroku viable at all, apart from the fact that the workflow is a total pain (unless I'm missing something)... the cost is just too much. What's your "cheap" VPS? Fancy a VPS hosted on SSDs for just $5 a month? http://burnaftercompiling.com/nodebb/setting-up-a-nodebb-forum-for-dummies/

• Is there any anti spam plugin or something

2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    B

^ linking http://community.nodebb.org/topic/150/#3455

• Who would I talk to about a sponsorship?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hello @Kyrie, very much so -- it's still sitting unread in my inbox 😞

I hope to be able to talk to the rest of the NodeBB team about it and get back to you.

• Subcategories

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Hello @mouseluka -- at present, NodeBB does not support subcategories, although it may be supported via third-party plugin in the future.

• Licence...

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    R

THX for the fast reply!!!!

• About Localization

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Traditional? :x (Just kidding, both are needed anyway :D)

• 35 plugins...

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    julianJ

... and that's just the ones listed in the Plugins category.

😮

To think the plugin system just opened up 4 months ago, that's astounding!

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • ACL/Permissions/etc

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hm... I believe I fixed the private posts showing up in /recent a couple weeks back. Can you verify that it still happens on latest builds?

The @mentions would be a bug, yes... can address that one.

• Requirements for NodeBB

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Thanks @Kyrie -- the basic installation instructions can be found here

... and step-by-step instructions

• Installing

0 Votes
    24 Posts
    9k Views
    aaronA

When you update it, you'll have to do this fix as well: https://github.com/shaneGirish/bcrypt-nodejs/issues/11

• Nuclear Throne

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

looks pretty interesting!

• I have no idea what I am doing

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    cowboycalebC

@BarveyHirdman said:

You could also install forever

npm install -g forever cd /path/to/nodebb NODE_ENV=development forever start app.js

(Replace NODE_ENV=development with NODE_ENV=production if you want to deploy it to production environment)

Thanks, I am running forever now. Seems to work.

• Board Games

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    SteveS

My old man designed a board game in the 80s involving genetics and humor. He even got to the point of meeting with people from either Parker Bros or Milton Bradley I don't remember which.. But his life/work/career sidetracked him.

I have all of his old stuff in a box at my house saving it from certain death in his garage. I've thought about it some, reworked the idea a little bit to catch it up to speed the 30 years its behind, showed it to him and he likes it.. Problem is once again.. life/work/etc. taking up too much time.

• [SOLVED] Trouble with Nginx

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    B

@julian as I saw it tried to do that, but for some reason it still couldn't handle the login. Every time I tried to sign in, it showed the admin menu, but for example couldn't create a new topic because I wasn't logged in.