General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.3k Posts
  • [SOLVED] Trouble with Nginx

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    B

@julian as I saw it tried to do that, but for some reason it still couldn't handle the login. Every time I tried to sign in, it showed the admin menu, but for example couldn't create a new topic because I wasn't logged in.

• Custom CSS in the DB?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    B

@Chris I will add this styling this weekend, I'm also gotta fix up the plugin a little, the way I load the settings is a little hacky. .. so you can always update πŸ™‚

• Category Descriptions

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Expanding on what @cani said --

The category description is also used in:

Meta tags (so, crawlers, social media shares, etc) RSS feed XML

Some plugins (e.g. metro-tiles) will also expose the category descriptions πŸ™‚

• Plugin request: Service Monitor

0 Votes
    18 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

That could be worth a shot. Try overriding onerror to see if it is being run instead of onload?

• Quiet Today...

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    4k Views
    C

cricket
    cricket

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • Design discussion

0 Votes
    30 Posts
    11k Views
    S

@julian said:

Haha, you're right! I guess that means your suggestions were very good πŸ™‚

Edit: Still thinking of changing the "envelope" to fa-comment-o with a # inside of it.

I like that idea

• A few question regarding nodebb

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    P

I believe @psychobunny can expand on how NodeBB can be integrated into a WordPress site

A Wordpress commenting system is on the road map, something we're very keen on getting off the ground.

Like Julian said, we're able to customize NodeBB to play along with WP, something we did at http://community.onehundredfreebooks.com

If that's something that you're interested in going for let us know and maybe we can figure out something. πŸ™‚

• So I found out about NodeBB today

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

They say it is a university town. I've never been to Kingston myself... I think the VIA stops there on the way to MontrΓ©al...

• How much will hosted NodeBB cost me?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hello @mrneilypops!

NodeBB plans range from $35 to $100, depending on the feature set.

$75 and up plans give you advantages like custom DNS forwarding (so you can use something like mypersonaldomain.com instead of myapp.nodebb.com) and daily backups. All plans come with use of the support ticket system, so you can reach us for support for individual instances.

If you have any other questions, please give us a shout at [email protected] πŸ™‚

• nodebb on android?

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    macarudaM

@julian i agree with you, its so sluggish when i wrap-it to become android app.
    thanks for the suggestion, appreciate it

• Hammerwatch

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    SteveS

Hammerwatch was on sale again this weekend..

So yeah.. lemme know when you girls are playing and I'll come rock your world with my third world gaming skills and relentless desire to cause chaos πŸ™‚

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Technically, there is no need to run npm update for packages other than nodebb-* packages. So all you really need to do is npm install.

However, you'd want to update the nodebb plugins/themes, so:

cd /path/to/your/nodebb/install git pull npm install cd node_modules ls nodebb-* | xargs npm update // I do not take responsibility for this command, if it burns your house down... cd ../ ./nodebb start

If you run into errors specified by #6, please do an npm rebuild to patch that right up.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    11k Views
    P

what is your node version?

psychobunny@dev:~$ node -v v0.10.24
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

No need for that here. But maybe a plugin in the future πŸ™‚

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • How to authenticate migrated users from phpBB?

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    S

heh, all right, I'll hold off on that for now anyway, I have a bunch of other stuff to get done.

• Hello/introduction/feature requests/thanks

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

@kevin - No problemo. Hopefully we'll see you back at NodeBB sometime in the future πŸ™‚

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • Happy New Year

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

happy new year! (party)