Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Hey @Giorgio-Chiodi -- the hosted service does not provide administrators with the ability to directly access their server/instance, which is part of how we can maintain stability on our platform.

You can grant us access to a theme you created (if it is on npm), and we can install it for you, but we cannot ensure compatibility with them 🙂

• Custom branding

1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    P

Lmao. It basically overwrites the 5 branding colours of your Bootstrap theme (ex. @brand-primary) to whatever colours you want.

• How to create a admin account?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    L

@psychobunny said:

After successfully running ./nodebb setup, there should be some questions to create the initial admin account. After that, you can make any other user an admin by going to the Users page in the Admin Control Panel.

no, I can't , because I use the mongodb,When I use the redis , I can set the admin account.

• Static page

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    P

The static page plugin is deprecated in favour of the kitchen sink demo (although its not even close to being a "kitchen sink" yet, just has 3-4 examples so far). The relevant library in your case can be found here, let me know if you run into any issues.

• NodeBB running fine port not listening

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    jeremyJ

@Chris Looks like related with This.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/8320247/3648383

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Thanks @marcos -- will let @baris or @psychobunny know.

• Anyone else own a raspberry pi?i

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@Kamal-Patel Slingbox... ugh, don't get me started. My brother bought one for my to set up locally so he can watch TV in HK. I've had nothing but trouble, since I don't use Windows.

Internet or power goes out? gg, now you have to spend an hour setting up the Slingbox again.

I'll look into Roku+Plex... whatever that is! 🙂 The reason I want to play around with MythTV is also so I can turn my HTPC into a DVR... but I don't want to pay for a tuner card 😢

• What's your favorite TV series?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    CarlC

I don't watch much TV but my favourite would be The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad and cartoons like Family guy

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    D

att........

• Where to add custom javascript

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    SteveS

I used the iframe code in a widget with good results. Why reinvent the wheel!

• New theme problems

0 Votes
    26 Posts
    8k Views
    julianJ

./nodebb reset themes

Should remove them for you... Or reset them back to vanilla.

• The resize button in the bottom right corner.

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ?

@baris Is there a way to keep the max width boxed instead of the width stretching out to the screen edges? Sometimes mine defaults to boxed and sometimes to wide (is boxed==fixed and wide==fluid?). I'd like it to stay boxed when the window is maximized and be fluid when the window is made narrow.

• add javascript code

0 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    P

@DennisSun have a look here for a way to overload the document.write method and make it play nice with dynamically loaded pages

• Custom CSS feature to inject custom JavaScript

0 Votes
    21 Posts
    11k Views
    B

@frissdiegurke when using document.write you can avoid replacing the whole site, but it cannot be loaded asynchronously aka injected (as it needs to execute immediately on DOM build), which is most likely the case on most NodeBB pages

@DennisSun if you want to have a dynamic the protocol, or maybe that string at the end, use something like

<script type="text/javascript"> (function() { var something = '0da233db09b6a0886cd3f9d1a52e64d8'; // or could be dynamically generated, I don't know // build your script tag var script = document.createElement('script'); script.type = 'text/javascript'; // that's useless, browsers ignore it, but whateves script.async = true; script.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://' : 'http://') + 'hm.baidu.com/h.js?' + something; // google analytics does that, this will find this actually script (unless loaded asynchronously, in that case it would find the last script tag on the page) // it should work in either case // var thisScriptTag = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; // thisScriptTag.parentNode.insertBefore(script, s); // or you can just append it to the head var head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; head.appendChild(script); })(); </script>
  • Nodebb localizations

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@marcos For a sitewide change, go to your Admin Control Panel, then go into Languages, select from there. If you want to change the language on a per user basis, then click your profile picture in the top right, then your username, then in the top right you will see Settings, scroll to the bottom, and you can pick there instead.

If the language you want is not in the app, have a look at Transifex, where you can help translate if your chosen language isn't available.

• haha

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    Q

dcds

• SEO - Show Authors and Posts within each Topic

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

Two things:

If you want it to count, it has to be visible. So no hiding the user list with a display: none; or behind a javascript tooltip (since that won't get called at all). If you show it for non-js, and hide it with js, chances are Google might detect and penalise, so even worse 😛 Would this introduce too much clutter to the UI?
  • [SoS] NodeBB not running after plugin install

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    meetdilipM

Thanks @lin . Luckily I was able to uninstall it through ACP after a couple of restarts through command line and then through ACP. So nice of you to help 🙂

• Social posting plugins? Did I miss one?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    kinderjajeK

I would like to see that plugin too.

• Sidebar not always loading

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    SteveS

@psychobunny said:

yeah it's got some ways to go 🙂 weird that the cash mod breaks Lavender, I guess I've only been testing it out on my Pewter theme though. Will look into it

tell me what i need to sacrifice to get pewters top bar with the login info to work for me 🙂

have fire pit and altar of sacrifice...

lets do this! 🙂