Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.3k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    S

Thanks, @julian. I just finished the hardware migration of these VMs and I want to move them to a more stable hypervisor/host than my former Windows 7 desktop with VMWare workstation, so this is timely advice.

• How to include external script?

0 Votes
    23 Posts
    7k Views
    PitaJP

@julian I wasn't getting any errors when using the scripts property from the plugin.json. They simply weren't included on any of the admin pages.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    A

@Ted said:

@a_5mith, it used to do something, right? 😛

Yeah it used to list all the plugins in npm and (I think) allow you to install them. But this was added to core a fair few versions back. Around 0.3 or 0.4. I hope that's the plugin I'm thinking of.

• 1 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

Hah wow, that chat is something alright...

• Git pull broke Redis.

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

You guys will need to run ./nodebb setup once again to install the proper database dependencies 🙂

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    A

Shouldn't npm up have updated that? 😕 Seems to have solved it though by updating to latest.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@a_5mith That's awesome!

• using nodebb-plugin-sso-oauth issue

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    xiaoxinX

thank u,I have resolved it😄

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian said:

Hah! $335 + tax?!

With that kind of money, you could buy yourself a brand new Nexus 5 😄

Or a one+ one. 😛 I'm actually tempted to sell my galaxy s4 and try and get my hands on the one+ I'd get about £200 for my galaxy s4, which would nearly offset the full cost of the other handset, and its just as good, if not better.

• Themes vs Skins vs Plugins

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    esiaoE

@arasbm As a recent NodeBB explorer (and NodeJs) I'll suggest you to start with the harder of plugins and themes and it's plugins.
    As I understand the thing :

Plugin is a custom behaviour that could work on every NodeBB forum and that is not based on the theme. It should be configurable (if needed) and not conflict. It try to solves a problem that is experience related. Theme is how you want your NodeBB forum to look like. It's easier to go inside because it's based on a sublime api and it's just css/html and and a bit of JS. If you want you theme to create a custom behaviour that is only applicable to itself then you can because themes are created and treated like plugins.
    You can take a look at the api on every NodeBB page with {origin}/api/{path}

Both plugins and themes can make the use of the api and write content to use after. Take a look of the existing ones and you'll have a good point of view to start developing you owns.

• Chrome notification extension

2 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    EisFreiE

@julian Glad to hear that it is working again.
    You can see the version next to the extension title:
    chrome://extensions/?id=ooeikplgcjeeggiopajfhmadglhjhcco

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    nashsaiN

@julian Thanks 😄

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    11k Views
    B

#BOOM!
    Fixed 😄

Thanks a lot for your help guys and sorry for the false alarm, maybe the plugin in Github should have this warning. I know that is a dumb mistake and most of web developers may be aware of it but just in case.

• Problem with widgets

0 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    P

Ok i have used command reset all and it works bu i must activate all my plugins

• 1 Votes
    35 Posts
    13k Views
    ?

@frissdiegurke - to be fair, we now know that it's a core issue on NBB. Your plugin remains supreme!

• Remedial Theming assistance

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    3k Views
    ShardS

I'm using 0.5.1, FWIW.

• Any way to center the url embedded image ?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    frissdiegurkeF

you need to bind it to the images like by tag-name:

img { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }
  • Avatar / logo not getting uploaded

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    meetdilipM

Ok, imgur plugin issue. Uninstalled and re installed.

• How do i post something as a question?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    ?

Do you mean as a poll where users can vote on a response? If so, there's a poll plugin developed by @Schamper.
    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/1549/nodebb-plugin-poll-poll-plugin

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    mootzvilleM

I figured this out finally...I had nginx v1.2 which is what's in the default debian 7 repo. Had to add a new key and some new sources from here:

Link Preview Image nginx: Linux packages

favicon

(nginx.org)

Now on nginx v1.6.2 and it seems to be running fine. From what I read there was no websocket support in nginx <1.3