6k Views
    T

Ah okay, looks good ๐Ÿ‘

• Firefox Developer Edition

3 Votes
    14 Posts
    6k Views
    S

@psychobunny apparently since version 31, and since we're now at 35 (at least the Aurora channel is), my rough guess was actually quite accurate ๐Ÿ˜„

• Ptengine - Analytics & Heatmaps etc.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

haha wow, and thanks for the rec, that'd be cool if they started using NodeBB ๐Ÿ‘

• Posting from a PHP Form?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    C

@Shaun Thanks but unfortunately the RSS feed plugin seems to be having some issues (at least for me), particularly with not grabbing all posts and/or duplicating them.

I'll keep my eye on the rss thread and see if it gets any updates.

• Can't get the install done...

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    S

@a_5mith True, but honestly, it's easier to set up a quick Linux VM (and I say this as someone who is not at all a fan of Linux) and the support is far better.

• Scaling NodeBB

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    andreaperniciA

Do you have some example on how to configure the clustering with mongo @julian ?

• Do we have a news feeder ?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@meetdilip You could make one with the global header widget. ๐Ÿ‘ Depends where the news comes from. Might be worthy of a plugin though.

• Embedding 3D models in posts

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

@a_5mith

The same origin policy would protect against most of that stuff, but I agree. Maybe having a url filter of some sort testing it against a whitelisted database which could be configure by the admins.

• [Solved] Live evaluation demo

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    David MoonD

@a_5mith said:

@David-Moon I can create you a droplet on my VPS for 7 days if all you need is admin access to NodeBB. Send me a chat message. ๐Ÿ‘

Perfect! Thanks.

• Want to get my nodebb site going!

2 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    K

If anyone knows of anyone who's still available for helping out with this project please let me know. Thanks.

• Google Drive For Image Embed

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    X

I thought Google Drive was geared towards personal usage and sharing? Can't see this being good for public use.

• Last Edited Display Setting

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    ?

@peter if you're looking to limit how long a post can be edited for, I'm not sure if that's presently possible. It would be an interesting feature, but if I recall there was need for a hook creation by the developers before enhanced user group permissions could be established

• Spam Control Options

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Already done :ninja:

Link Preview Image bundling spam-be-gone with all nodebb install, ping @akhoury, closes โ€ฆ ยท NodeBB/NodeBB@a7d028e

Node.js based forum software built for the modern web - bundling spam-be-gone with all nodebb install, ping @akhoury, closes โ€ฆ ยท NodeBB/NodeBB@a7d028e

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• The GTA V Re-release Topic.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    S

@julian said:

GTA:VC will always have a special place in my heart. Beat it 100% at least 5 times, and even learned how to drift in the cars in that game XD what a waste of my adolescence.
    ain.

+1 for Vice City being the best!

I think that I am the only person how did not enjoy GTA:V. I think it was the most overrated game to come out last year. It looked great and the maps are huge but the story lacked a lot of things. I found it hard to follow and it didn't really explain much.
    I can't even remember most of it and I only played it a year a go but I can remember a hell of a lot more of GTA: Vice City.

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    A

@julian why didn't I think of that. ๐Ÿ˜† I shall do that.

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian If that code still works, then yes, it should. I stacked 10toship with the $100 student code that a kind member offered me. ๐Ÿ˜„

• How do i install nodebb on channel file manager!

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    4k Views
    A

@Var1 said:

NONE OF THEM WORK ๐Ÿ˜ž !!!!!!!!!!!

Try reading the documentation.

Note: I believe vps.me requires that you install Ubuntu yourself first. I believe they only support up to 12.04, so you'd need to install the 32 bit version of that, then install NodeBB.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    J

@jimmerz213 said:
    <stuff>

So I just built a quick VM locally and followed the guides I mentioned above. Did nothing differently except I didn't install php and apache before and start ripping things out. It works flawlessly. I can only imagine at this point its something with my server and I think I may just wipe it and start clean, using nginx only instead of apache.

Thanks for looking at this stuff guys - I appreciate it.

Edit - welp, it works great now. Probably has this whole time. The URL I was using to hit the forums was set to be x.x.132.x, it had to be x.x.135.x. Hey, at least I learned a TON about nodebb and nginx ๐Ÿ™‚ I'll take it.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

You need to write a server side script to go through all the users and update their urls.

Something like the following should work.

var db = require('./database'), user = require('./user'), async = require('async'); db.getSortedSetRange('users:joindate', 0, -1, function(err, uids) { async.eachLimit(uids, 50, updateUserImage, function(err) { console.log('done'); }); }); function updateUserImage(uid, next) { user.getUserFields(uid, ['image', 'gravatarpicture', 'uploadedpicture'], function(err, userData) { // do your update here, can check current data from userData user.setUserField(uid, 'gravatarpicture', 'some_new_url', next); }); }
  • NodeBB from MyBB

0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    A

Not too sure if this is a bit late or not, but I have converted the phpBB importer to work for myBB
    https://www.npmjs.org/package/nodebb-plugin-import-mybb

Needed one for a site I am actually busy with at the moment.
    Hope this helps someone