General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Downgrade nodebb version ?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    S

Hi guys , I was updating my nodebb version and I update it to dev version v0.7.1

Now some things are not working ... unstable... how can i make to the 0.7.0 version ?

download files files from git (v0.7.0) and then make the normal upgrade ?

• Setting up Nodebb fail

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    P

Latest version of NodeBB doesn't require this dep anymore, so maybe try pulling the latest master?

• Spam, what todo?

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    ?

Give dislike spammer!

1111.png

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • how to change default user profile setting?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    hipboiH

@psychobunny said:

b

Thanks for the reply. I think technically we can check the box for all users by modifying the database...

• Rethinking the form of avatars

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

I think we were planning on moving gravatar out into a plugin, which would open the doors for people to create their own plugin such as the one above

• Idea: private discussion

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

It's probably doable via plugin.

This would probably be a good place to start, you'd basically just need to add the invite mechanic to this plugin:

Link Preview Image GitHub - julianlam/nodebb-plugin-support-forum: Turns a single category into a "Support Forum", topic creators can only see their own topics

Turns a single category into a "Support Forum", topic creators can only see their own topics - julianlam/nodebb-plugin-support-forum

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

• Hosting images and videos

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Sorry for the lack of a reply. I know imgur hosts only images lol, I'd probably have to use one service for images and another for videos. And yeah it'd have to use some kind of token or authentication and the host would have to allow private content. Guessing that doesn't exist, but just wanted to check.

• How to Edit/Route Static Page ISSUES!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    R

Hi all,

I am not familiar with all the coding terms (newbie) but I'm learning! Trying to create a static page on my nodebb site. So I installed the custom static page plugin, created a new button in navigation that should route to the new page, and I'm trying to edit the widget in "Extend Widget". Nothing is working and this page keeps coming up: Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 10.53.00 AM.png

Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to edit the custom static page, and route it correctly?? Thanks!

• Nobebb forum + Firefox + Tree Style Tabs

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    D

I've been using Tree Style Tabs as an add-on with FF for around 5 years now. Starting a few weeks ago I noticed that FF is just flaky as ever whenever I have Mangolassi open in a tab. ML itself often gives scripting timeout errors, etc, but it causes all of the open tabs to hang constantly (FF title bar will say Not responding frequently).

In an effort to see what my problem was I looked at my add-ons and the only slightly unusual things I have are Lastpass and Tree Style Tabs. So I removed Tree Style Tabs first. Since then things have been working fine.

Anyone else using this add-on?

If not, anyone else willing to install it and see how things behave for them?

• This topic is deleted!

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
  • NodeBB acting as an OAuth provider

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    hekH

Would it be possible to let NodeBB acts as OAuth provider for some other system? I.e. Ghost blogging platform?

Maybe using: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-oauth2-server

• NodeBB + GoDaddy

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    R

@Scuzz
    You can get a glimpse of it, when you don't do the ./nodebb setup and instead just go right into start or dev. NodeBB will start into the web installer on port 4567. Of course you would still have to issue that one command, though.

edit: And I presume, that those hosters won't give you access to port 4567 ^_^

The problem in general being: Software written in e.g. php is not a complete program itself. It's merely leveraging an already set up web server. You can upload your files and call the URL, the rest is handled by the server software (Apache or what have you).
    NodeJS, on the other hand, is basically just a JavaScript interpreter - namely V8. It doesn't know anything about serving websites, building certain network connections, and so on. That's all up to you and your code.
    But as Scuzz mentioned, a web-installer seems to be in the making. That again lets me guess, that the guys are working towards easy integration the likes of where a hoster can offer their customers a "Click here to install NodeBB" button, which invokes a bunch of scripts setting up your (virtual) server, starting the NodeBB (which actually is not only the forum, but the whole web server* also) and finally redirecting to the web installer. In comparison many uncertain steps, which will have to be clarified between NodeBB and each and every hoster. That's why this will still take some time, I'd say. 😩

*weeell... that's not very acurate either; but this is pretty tl;dr as it is 😉

• Does search work?

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@Dr.-Winter said:

+1 *************

+1

• This topic is deleted!

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
  • NodeBB is expensive

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

The numbers listed in the pricing page is actually out of date. They were measured using NodeBB v0.5.0 🙂

v0.6.x and beyond support much higher concurrent user loads, so we'll be updating these numbers to reflect the increased scalability.

• Anyone install with success on a shared host

2 Votes
    22 Posts
    16k Views
    julianJ

@Dehbuff If you have access to the shell, you can install NodeBB (as long as the dependent software is installed: MongoDB, Node.js)

• Group chat - New feature?

2 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    yariplusY

@Danny-McWilliams Completely agree.

This could definitely be a nice plugin, like nodebb-plugin-shoutbox already is, but to me it doesn't make much sense for it to be in NodeBB core.

• new here

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    meetdilipM

@tushar20sharma ,

Cheapest method will be to try installing on a computer running Ubuntu. Works the same as a VPS.

• update 0.6 to 0.7 failed...

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    W

@a_5mith The current working version which I see in my admin panel is "v0.6.0" and as I was following the wiki, the target version/branch was "v0.7.x". I also tried "v0.6.0" -> "v0.6.x" but failed with a bunch of git/nodejs errors.