• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • www doesn't work

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    P

@osman123 add this block to your nginx conf to redirect www.site.com to site.com

server { listen 80; server_name www.site.com; return 301 http://site.com$request_uri; }
  • Activating my own custom theme...

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    V

Hi guys,

I'm newbie to the Nodebb and currently I'm trying to play around with creating a new theme.
    I've downloaded the repo from Quickstart theme.
    I've added the nodebb-them-quickstart folder to the node_modules folder.
    When I go to the admin page and load all the available themes, my new theme is listed under the installed themes.
    After selecting it, it says that I should restart NodeBB to fully activate the selected theme.
    After I do that and after I refresh admin page, I'm in situation where previously active them is still the active one.
    In other words new custom theme is not activated.
    This is the case with every theme I made.
    But when I switch to the nodebb-theme-lavander, everything goes fine.
    I'm really struggling to make this happen with my own custom theme.
    I would be very thankful if some would tell me what is going on.

• 2 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    N

@psychobunny Actually I had an idea, but forgot to share it.
    Would be great to have screenshots section in plugin.json.

This upgrade will give opportunity to beautify Plugins section in NodeBB, also it will educate 3rd-party developers to at least reuse screens in README 😉

• Clear template cache ?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    ?

Okay, I found the solution:

removed line - npm i nodebb-theme-vanilla nodebb-theme-lavender nodebb-widget-essentials
    (www/nodebb).
    Now the templates are not updated. (I have changed theme and it would be cancel changes.)

I perform the command ./nodebb upgrade

I perform the command ./nodebb restart

Now all the people will be taken new changes.

• Like Button at bottom

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    meetdilipM

It is really hard to go back upwards if you like a post. It was better served at bottom right.

• Track IP Address for each post

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    ?

What features gives this function?
    I did not notice any changes.

• how can change Admin Control Panel language ?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

Technically, translation is there, there just aren't any tables for it yet.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

It's because I "appear offline" as my user setting.

If you think about it, it makes sense, because if I am appearing offline you can check to see if I'm actually online by looking at the "last online" (which would say "1 minute ago")

That said, I think that "last online" should be updated when the user does something public such as reply to a post

• Embed plugins?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

There's no tutorial for making one, but it's pretty simple to take an existing one and modify it to your needs.

What video site did you have in mind?

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    ?

My thoughts about thoughts @yariplus :

Not sure what this means. Like the amount of links? or total uploaded files?

Yes, total uploaded files in post. For example, one can attach only five images in the message.

Oh, maybe you mean editing the post in HTML mode like some forums have, that might be neat.

Maybe that's what I mean. For example, can lead editor xenforo -

12.png

fyi, This information is already on the profile page of each user.
    It might be nice to have a User Statistics page with a table displaying this type of information.

I delete it there. Quite a strange place to display ip addresses. I think that it would be wiser to display them in the admin control panel (ADMIN CONTROL PANEL - MANAGE - USERS).

What about - 'Guests posts in topics do not appear immediately. Guests need to refresh the page. It seems to me that this is not good'?

Guests must refresh the page topic, to see new messages.
    Those who logged - new messages appear immediately. No need to refresh the page to see the new messages in the thread.
    It would be better if guests also would not have to refresh the page.
    Check it out.

• 2 Votes
    8 Posts
    8k Views
    Jeff ParrishJ

Does this work with the nodebb hosted option?

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    yariplusY

Sounds like something that should be part of a theme to me.

If you wanted to make such a theme, in-place editing isn't really difficult, you're just swapping visibility between a text block and a text input. Client-side you would only do the swap for the correct user(s), and then server-side verify and actually change the topic title.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@psychobunny said:

They should purchase more SIM cards to create more accounts

In some countries its actually really easy to get ahold of a SIM card. I'm from Malaysia and when I go there I can get a throwaway SIM card from any convenience store in about 10 minutes for a couple bucks

EDIT: Meanwhile in Canada.... :rage1:

They're free in the UK, but need an initial top up to activate, £1 would do this on some networks.

• Text Games in site

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

Somebody should build a plugin to do something like this in NodeBB

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/1294/nodebb-plugin-openfantasy-full-fledged-rpg-system-for-nodebb/

😄

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    barisB

NodeBB core doesn't have anything to prevent this. But plugins can be made to prevent multiple accounts from the same IP etc although it can be easily by passed.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    P

At some point before 1.x (the release after this one) I'd like to try this again. I attempted this before:

https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/1342

I ended up having quite a lot of other stuff on my hands so I never got the chance to finish it. Ideally the plugins will be linked to this community forum using the blog comments plugin

• Who needs a piece inbox?

2 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    P

I tried it out for a little while, the inabilty to mark something unread drove me nuts (the snooze idea is overcomplicated IMO)

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Theme: https://community.nodebb.org/topic/4054/introducing-the-nodebb-0-7-0-persona-preview

No modifications at all, the forum just runs the latest version of persona

• Mobile version issue

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Likely it's an iOS issue. I just got myself an iPhone 😉 so I'll be trying to fix those bugs on Persona.

Note that Lavender should be stable on mobile. We haven't released 0.7 yet 😉