Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.3k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    P

At some point before 1.x (the release after this one) I'd like to try this again. I attempted this before:

Link Preview Image NodeBB Package Manager ยท Issue #1342 ยท NodeBB/NodeBB

An API that our ACP will query to allow for installation of themes and plugins directly in the ACP itself. Currently, I have an idea where anybody with a GitHub account can visit for example packages.nodebb.org and approve the latest ver...

favicon

GitHub (github.com)

I ended up having quite a lot of other stuff on my hands so I never got the chance to finish it. Ideally the plugins will be linked to this community forum using the blog comments plugin

• Who needs a piece inbox?

2 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    P

I tried it out for a little while, the inabilty to mark something unread drove me nuts (the snooze idea is overcomplicated IMO)

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Theme: https://community.nodebb.org/topic/4054/introducing-the-nodebb-0-7-0-persona-preview

No modifications at all, the forum just runs the latest version of persona

• Mobile version issue

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Likely it's an iOS issue. I just got myself an iPhone ๐Ÿ˜‰ so I'll be trying to fix those bugs on Persona.

Note that Lavender should be stable on mobile. We haven't released 0.7 yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

• SSO question (NodeBB, Wordpress, etc. )

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

The recommended method of sharing sessions between two separate and distinct applications is through OAuth2. We recommend this approach because NodeBB maintains its own user records, so that we can keep track of user-related metrics and other data. Relying on another database would be tricky, prone to breaking, and quite possibly dangerous.

Luckily, it's quite straightforward to get things working with OAuth2!

The first step is getting your application to expose an OAuth2 endpoint. If you're running a Node.js based app, you can use a module called OAuth2orize.

Once that is set up, you'll want to take a look at the SSO plugin skeleton for customised OAuth deployments -- nodebb-plugin-sso-oauth. You'll take this plugin, fork it, and modify it to communicate with your OAuth endpoint.

Once everything is working properly, you should be able to register and log in/out via your web app.

• 1 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    reaonR

I haven't heard of this yet, any source for me to read?

http://stackoverflow.com/a/18689934 --> It solved my problem. There is two possibility: 1. My ISP problem 2. npm certificate!

To be a bit more clean you may consider using python2

Great, thank you for the point. I followed this post: http://stackoverflow.com/a/22433804

• Vote for nodeBB on Bitnami

1 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    julianJ

No need -- if they're interested, I'm pretty much ready to provide and maintain the image for them.

• nginx problem NodeBB

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

What error do you see on the server? NodeBB has crashed, hence you see the 502 error served by nginx.

• Support webm format

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    julianJ

Link Preview Image WebM Embed Plugin

Forget about WebM. GIF's are where it's at:

favicon

NodeBB Community (community.nodebb.org)

This perhaps?

• Socket.io bad requests on NodeBB 0.6.1

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    markkusM

@KingCat

Sadly, your solution does not work in my case ๐Ÿ˜”.
    It's kinda weird indeed - works flawlessly on Chrome, spams errors on Safari.
    I'm really starting to think it's Safari's bug...

• Hello thread

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    PitaJP

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ‘‹

• Mixing templates

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    ?

Any change to themes applied only after clearing the cache. Is there a way to fix this problem?

• 5 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@ExperienceOz Very cool! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Using a forum is definitely one of the easiest ways to reduce the burden on customer support. It's also an amazing way to incentivise user-generated that pays dividends towards your brand's SEO value.

One of these days I'll head over to Australia/NZ, and when that day comes, I'll check out your site first ๐Ÿ˜„

• Mobile publication mode for all screens

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    ?

@a_5mith said:

If you want this to be the default, will probably require some modifications to your theme.

I do not mean the preview. I want the mobile version of the publication was displayed everywhere, regardless of screen resolution.

• How to make moderators

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Go to Manage > Categories.

If you're on 0.6.x, you need to edit each category and add each moderator one by one by typing their username, then clicking their permissions, and selecting Moderate.

If you're on 0.7.x dev build, you can click edit on the category, and set Moderate on your Moderators group. Untitled.png

• blog.nodebb.org SSL certificate expired

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@Minghui-Yu Thanks for catching that, updated now ๐Ÿ™‚

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts