General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • default user settings?

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    manuelM

i've resolved this by adding this code to my custom sso login plugin (https://community.nodebb.org/topic/3322/jsconnect-sso)

User.setSetting(uid, 'dailyDigestFreq', 'week', null); User.setSetting(uid, 'notificationSounds', 1, null); User.setSetting(uid, 'followTopicsOnCreate', 1, null); User.setSetting(uid, 'followTopicsOnReply', 1, null); User.setSetting(uid, 'sendChatNotifications', 1, null);
  • Category tags

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    ErlendSBE

I'm trying to do the same thing.
    https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-widget-essentials/blob/master/library.js#L234
    If only we could pass the current category here, it shouldn't be to hard I think.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    L

How I get cookie in standard plugin hook nodebb?

• Forum performance

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    SteveS

Never had any kind of performance issues. Always quick loading with no delays.

I can't say that for all of my vb run forums.

• NodeBB feature list

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    D

NodeBB looks awesome.
    Where could I find the full list of features? Thanks.

• Mozilla to deprecate HTTP

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    T

@julian said:

Yes, you can definitely use your own domain and SSL. We don't have tools to automate this at the moment, so you'll have to open up a support ticket and send us your certificate. Then we can configure your instance appropriately.

You guys rock. Let me see if the the group I am setting this up for can donate some money. Going from $5 a month to $35 a month is a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it will be wicked helpful to not have to administer it. I am glad I am planning to move from myBB to NodeBB, seems like I made the right choice!

• Nervous about reddis...

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Redis backs up to storage at set intervals (configurable).

For example you could have it backup every 15 minutes or every 200 times its accessed (think that's how the calls work).

So if your sever did mysteriously crash. The most you'd lose would be whatever happened since the last save. You can use MongoDB instead which saves everything to storage. But isn't as quick in terms of read/write.

Hope that helps.

• my 1st post!

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    MYUM

@lokendra3777 said:

home_banner.jpg bolded textnice

My 2nd post ๐Ÿ™‚

• Hello World!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    MYUM

Nice to find this discussion board application.

• Introduce yourself!!!

5 Votes
    72 Posts
    44k Views
    DimD

Hi Guys =),

I just realized that i didn't introduce myself after couple of weeks discovering what all of you brilliantly created.

I am a 24 yrs old French, with international business formation.
    I started to learn a bit of code and design (gimp) when i was 16, and at that time i created my first website (with notepadd++ and tutorials of siteduzero, French will know ^^) ; a motorcycle website/forum (phpbb) dedicated for my hometown community, a french island lost in indian ocean .

Then with my studies i started to drop all of that, as well as my first passion, Motocycle :'(.

After travels and work abroad in China, I decided to move back to France, Bordeaux precisely, where i wanted to start a new company. After months of research, draft of business plan about shoes and international business ...

We just realized that there was some opportunities in the collaborative and freelance economy and we are aiming to redefine collaborative work platform targeting freelance.

My objectives using now nodebb, is to built a community around our project for three different reason:
    First displaying our concept and project through a video to earn visibility.
    Second hoping to attract the Freelance community, to support and exchange about features of our product.
    Then attract/recruit as well coders/programmers for development of the platform.

Nice to meet you all, and thanks already for the support provided !

• How about live audio stream for music?

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    yariplusY

https://github.com/yariplus/nodebb-plugin-audio-control

It's for 0.7, I'll add 0.6 support asap.

To set it up, go to the ACP General=>Navigation, and add a custom route to your navbar with an ID of "navplayer" and a route of "#", leave the other fields blank. There is a less file in public/less so you can adjust the styles to your theme.

You need to be logged in to see the player.

When you modify the audio source in the ACP Plugins=>Audio Control page, the clients will load the new source automatically without needing to reload. It won't start playing automatically if the client is paused, but it will if they are already playing.

• How to get to the site files?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    yariplusY

FTP is usually what I use. Here is a guide from OpenShift:

https://blog.openshift.com/using-filezilla-and-sftp-on-windows-with-openshift/

• Post a picture of yourself

6 Votes
    22 Posts
    13k Views
    PopsRockerP

Just in case anyone was doubting the 10 kids mention HA!!!

Here's a screen asset from my live streaming setup.

... Pops

PopsRocker_goodbye.jpg

• Page loading

0 Votes
    17 Posts
    5k Views
    A

@psychobunny said:

Yeah, I don't disagree. I said I'd look into this a few weeks ago but clearly I've forgotten about it.

https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-theme-persona/issues/72

There, now that it's an issue I'll definitely get right on it :trollface:

๐Ÿ˜† Top man.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    Alfonso fonsoA

In WIP weโ€™re reaching developers around the world to invite them to a webinar called Developer Smackdown!. Itโ€™s a contest where developers battle each other answering questions, showing code and debating about the things you know and love. The format is a half hour Google Hangout, agilely moderated by us with a very cool prize for the winner; the one who rises to the top of the 3 or 4 brave contestants.

โ€‹
    NodeJS chapter will be next Wednesday April 29th at 18h UTC+1 and the topic will be: NodeJS Thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m addressing you.
    weโ€™re looking for contestants, still need one more!

If you want to find out more: http://goo.gl/BOJ2VR or just mail me if you have any question. So, do you want to share with us some knowledge and have some fun?

Best(wishes);

• NodeBB comment engine for Pencilblue

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    jareyJ

@psychobunny if i get something working, would submit that PR.

Thanks.

• Interest in Starting a Learning Club?

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    jareyJ

I'm interested in the idea too. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Estimated time 0.7.0 will be finished

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    JenklerJ

I always use chrome. Best browser if you ask me ๐Ÿ˜‰ Looking forward for stable 0.7.0.

• best forum software google search

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    E

As you guys do a great job and we profit from it in form of a great new era of BB I'd be happy if I can do this for you. If I am able to ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mobile Page Navigation

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

Quite a bizzare set of circumstances! But I am glad it is working for you now ๐Ÿ™‚