General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Nodebb constantly restarting!

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    TaLocheT

Bloody hell! I took out the recent replies option on the category causing trouble. I changed it from 2 to 0 and that solved the issue. I was able to activate the category again and everything is back to normal.

I'm guessing the poll was bothering the preview on the homepage.

• Keeping the stack alive

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    L

Well.. For the nodebb application himself you could use "forever" .... but when it turned 5x i stopped using forever (@julian posted somewhere that nodebb application can do the forever job himself)

for the database.. well.. dont monitor it YET cz the volume of my transactions is low...

But any service monitor application could do it.. like nagios ...or newrelic

• Is there a way to color font?

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

That, I haven't seen a plugin for, but I don't see why somebody couldn't make that a plugin...

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    F

Hey Justin, good to see you again! Appreciate the kind words.

We're pretty stoked to be offering up a great alternative to the traditional services, so Justin, if you (or anyone else) has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me here or via my email at [email protected] - always down for a chat.

Thanks again!

• 3 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

Hi,

I'm new to nodebb and I'm currently trying to migrate from an existing phpbb 3 installation. I already managed to write some custom javascripts to get the bbcode parser from the import plugin to work.

The most important problem left are the missing custom smilies. Was there any progress to this issue in the last months?😃

• Banner on the home page

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

I suppose we could add a widget area for the index page template...

• Getting started issue

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    vegetagz6V

I am trying to migrate a huge WordPress community to NBB instance. But issue is it is not working properly. In digitalocean, after proper installation (I followed all the tutorials) it says "server is not responding". I am trying to use a special domain like .club for NBB. But when I try to install NBB with a .com or .net domain, it is working properly. Can someone clarify this issue? 😏

Also are there any paid themes available for NBB? Majestic V4 is not on sale any more.

• free host !!!!!!?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    S

No problem!

• OAuth Service Providers

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    J

I've been looking around off and on all day. But is anyone aware of an OAuth Service Provider? For example, for our site we are looking to implement OAuth across all of our applications for Single Sign On. We are hoping to outsource it to alleviate some of our development and free us up to work on other things.

Thanks!

• Admin approval

1 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    MegaM

@tgezginis While you was ignoring me in PM and I was in doubt, whether it worth to develop the plugin as my own plugin, without you, @pichalite already wrote the plugin!

https://community.nodebb.org/topic/3735/nodebb-plugin-newuser-approval-plugin-for-admins-to-approve-new-users

• xss

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    S

@song19891121 WASC Threat Classification

• 1 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

Well, there is this, that @baris put together... not sure how much use you'll get out of it, but let me know how compatible it is.

• Broken ACP

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    anon271910A

Found a fix, going to post if anybody else if having this issue.

I ran npm remove nodebb-theme-vanilla then I installed it again with npm install nodebb-theme-vanilla and started the forums.

Note: All of this was done after disabling all plugins and themes via the command line.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    BobberB

@a_5mith You Rock! 🙂

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    BobberB

@esiao @Mega My bet - that is been resolved by simply updating the forum to 6.0. Sorry i though i'm in different topic 🙂

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hello there, we suggest you consolidate all of these points into a single email so they can be tracked properly. Thanks.

Specifically with moderator post approvals, this is not in the core functionality. It would be a custom plugin.

• Support for Guest User Details

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@akumbhare This can be done in latest versions.

It's under Settings > Guest. Just tick allow guest handles. It doesn't ask for an email, just a username.

• Widgets - Recent Posts

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    J

@a_5mith Thanks!!

• 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    H

Thank you for your support 👍

• how to set logged in user programatically

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    B

how to set logged in user programatically?