[nodebb-plugin-emailer-local] Local email plugin

• @Chris

Isn't that just giving site admins one more task to do, on top of countless others that they have on their hands.

• @planner No? It would be bundled with NodeBB - like the current themes are bundled and the @mentions plugin, the markdown plugin, etc.

• Admin

I really pushed the issue ... but was rejected for whatever reason.

This never happens @NodeBB - if anybody ever feels like their ideas are being stifled you message me and I'll deal with it. 🙂 (or not, coz ima lazy)

EDIT: no seriously. 🙂

EDIT2: I agree that this plugin could be bundled as default just like markdown and mentions. I didn't think about that earlier, but for me personally I feel like it should be core. So - Since @BarveyHirdman wrote this, imo its totally up to him as to what direction he wishes to take with the code he wrote 🙂 If he keeps it as a plugin, expect this as bundled in with core imo (pending internal discussion) in the upcoming versions 🙂

• GNU/Linux Admin

emailer-local can be bundled, if you really feel strongly about it @trevor. I just really hate using local mailers because the chance is so high your mail will end up in a spam bin, but I will admit that people have different feelings on the matter.

Plus, local mailers are a pain in the ASS to set up. 😦

• Plus, local mailers are a pain in the ASS to set up.

You can say that again.

But on this matter, we have two good options - core or bundled plugin. Either one will work.

• GNU/Linux Admin

I prefer bundled, but I am a bit anal like that... to know that all mailer functionality is a plugin... makes me feel good.

• any plan to update this for v0.4.0? actually does not work

• Admin

@barveyhirdman hasn't been online in 11 days 😞 time to find his email and start spamming 👿

• Hello, any news from @BarveyHirdman? Thanks a lot for your fix by the way!
    I started to use your fork in the meantime:
    npm install git://github.com/psychobunny/nodebb-plugin-emailer-local
    works well with v0.4.1.!

• Admin

no worries! glad it's working for you 🙂

• GNU/Linux

@viceetversa said:

Hello, any news from @BarveyHirdman? Thanks a lot for your fix by the way!
    I started to use your fork in the meantime:
    works well with v0.4.1.!

@psychobunny, if I use the above command to install, no need for Mandrill plugin, right ?

• Admin

no need for Mandrill plugin, right ?

Yup, that's right.

• @BarveyHirdman said:

npm install nodebb-plugin-emailer-local

Hi, all, and congrats to the co-founders for this 'never seen a such in real time reactiv forum'...

I'm a french geek, and i've just discovered lots of tools (then new for me...)

And nodeJS was my choice to developp an apply... So I study all what I find ! Lol

And, link after link, I found nodeBB... And I'm completly sidered.

It'a a fabulous project 🙂 ! BRAVOS !

So, I begin to read the forum... And found this plugin (@BarveyHirdman) and install it !
    But, i read after the end of the thread... And I saw the 'psychobunny 's update'... Lol.

To remove the fisrt original version, is that enough to remove the corresponding folder in this named 'nodes_modules' or it's necessary to do something else ?

To soon,

Lionel.
    PS: For the moment, I only install nBB on local server (xamp/Linux)... And after some observations, one of my first goals is to do some changes for some words they arn't translated at all...
    Can you help me to find (if exists) a francophon community for nBB ?

• GNU/Linux Admin

@Lionel-Adel-Cote I don't believe there is a francophone community for NodeBB yet, though you're welcome to start one 🙂 All we ask is that you don't use the term "NodeBB" in the URL or site title. NBB (and other variants) are fine.

To uninstall a plugin, just run npm remove nodebb-plugin-emailer-local. Have you tried the nodemailer plugin instead?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

After a short check, the plugin doesn't seems to work. The 'send' method isn't called. I'm trying to fix this issue.

Edit: seems to be the hook "action:mail.send" not fired.
    Edit2: Does the "action:mail.send" hook fired on reply posted ?

• Admin

Hey @Mizore, the original author hasn't updated his plugin in a while (hope he's well and just busy) - have a look at my fork - the last time I checked it was working with at least 0.4.1

• Hi @psychobunny,
    would you add an option to enable SSL encryption?
    Some SMTP server only support SSL connection.
    Many thanks!

• @fiag said:

Hi @psychobunny,
    Many thanks!

Please, please, please do this. I want to use a gmail account to send notices and that requires an SSL connection (or results in massive false-positive spam bin assignments). My only option right now appears to be to install a proxy to translate the request to SSL (e.g., stunnel).

This is definitely at the top of the list of my desirables for NodeBB!

• @fiag said:

Hi @psychobunny,
    Many thanks!

I use zoho mail and they only use SSL so I would like support for SSL as well

• @psychobunny

Like other, i push the "ssl" addition... impossible without x)

Suggested Topics

| |