Skip to content

General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    T

It looks like we can use either jQuery get/post or socket.emit when we try to get json data from or send it to a custom plugin in server.

Can experts share your experience as to when to use one and when not to use the other?
    Any situation on choosing one over the other?

Thanks in advance

• Imgur pro?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    B

Well, I'm not sold on imgur, but I currently have an SMF forum with an embedded gallery function that I would need replace in some way. I need my users to be able to upload pics somewhere to be able to embed in the forum, but it would also be nice to be able to browse through the uploaded pics. Is there another way to accomplish this with NodeBB?

• Having trouble with newly installed nodebb

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@robyb Ah, good to know you found the solution, was about to post as much 🙂

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    0 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    PitaJP

@Sharan-Soni where is the team located? Is telecommuting a possibility?

Also, what is EASA?

• several plugins stopped working after 6.0

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    K

Yep. I'm learning it's a lot like motorcycles. If something breaks, start with what you worked on last.

Any chance this might be receiving an update? Is it difficult to update these plugins to 0.6.0?
    https://github.com/psychobunny/nodebb-plugin-gallery
    @psychobunny pls?

• Get Imgur-URL from Category Picture via JS?!

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

Oh haha yeah, that was just an example correct url would be https://community.nodebb.org/api/category/2/general-discussion

• can you help me

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Heroku has great documentation for that: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/getting-started-with-nodejs

• importing from another nodebb installation

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

Nope is not working, I am getting the same error. without the domain for session cookie set.

• NGINX PROXY

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

Glad to hear it was resolved 😄

• page layout issue when managed on pm2

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

As I mentioned earlier it was working just fine until 0.5.5

• Installation problem

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    SANTO007S

Thanks to @a_5mith and @Peter-Zoltan-Keresztes

• December Reading List!

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    mootzvilleM

@aixnr I'm currently reading 'A History of the Internet and the Digital Future' by Johnny Ryan

Great read so far...

• nodebb upgrade error

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Yes, nice catch @a_5mith. Incompatible themes requiring outdated versions of the vanilla theme often cause npm to abort. It's not a pretty sight 😓

• "Cool Stuffs Roundup" culture

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    aixnrA

I just updated the roundup, and the episode 2 is available here on Faith.na. Couple things worth mentioning:

Previously I posted the episode 1 on Defiance.NightlyArt.com, but then I moved that article to Faith.NightlyArt.com because Faith is my techblog for all long-form articles. There are 66 links of pure awesomeness, so do check it out! I hope this helps.

Have a great weekend!

• Hook to add settings to user settings page?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

@julian Is this a thing?

This would make certain settings (like Pushbullet) able to be put in the same place as all the rest.

• Gobble Gobble.. Happy Turkey Day

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Us Canadians up north celebrated a month early so there's nothing left to do but shop the black Friday deals XD

• app.ger vs router.get

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

@pitaj router and app are both routers, per se. However, router refers to a separate router instantiated specifically for plugins to use.

When NodeBB reloads, the plugin router gets regenerated, while the application router does not.

This allows plugins to be both activated and deactivated without a full restart.

... You also cannot overwrite existing application routes in app, though you weren't allowed to do that for awhile now.

• Programmatically add posts

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    ReneR

Wow, thanks.

• HTML JSON form submission spec, W3

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    X

Nice to see the W3 community has a sense of humour 😄

EXAMPLE 6: Such Deep <form enctype='application/json'> <input name='wow[such][deep][3][much][power][!]' value='Amaze'> </form> // produces { "wow": { "such": { "deep": [ null , null , null , { "much": { "power": { "!": "Amaze" } } } ] } } }