General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • app.ger vs router.get

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

@pitaj router and app are both routers, per se. However, router refers to a separate router instantiated specifically for plugins to use.

When NodeBB reloads, the plugin router gets regenerated, while the application router does not.

This allows plugins to be both activated and deactivated without a full restart.

... You also cannot overwrite existing application routes in app, though you weren't allowed to do that for awhile now.

• Programmatically add posts

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    ReneR

Wow, thanks.

• HTML JSON form submission spec, W3

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    X

Nice to see the W3 community has a sense of humour 😄

EXAMPLE 6: Such Deep <form enctype='application/json'> <input name='wow[such][deep][3][much][power][!]' value='Amaze'> </form> // produces { "wow": { "such": { "deep": [ null , null , null , { "much": { "power": { "!": "Amaze" } } } ] } } }
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Hm... are you using a special theme?

• mongodb management service

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    ShardS

ObjectRocket is pretty keen as well.

• 1 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    S

I haven't tested but I'm pretty sure, given the experiences of others here, that the actual cause of my NodeBB breakage was dbsearch 0.0.16, so while it's awkward to be told there are all of these upgrades available, I don't think the problem was nbbpm, just a bad plugin.

• Parsing Booleans: What's best for performance?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    barisB

We mostly use !!var, but filtering an array so you can get rid of falsy values with arr = arr.filter(Boolean) is neat as well 🙂

• Upgrading to 6.0... CSRF token error. [solved]

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    ShardS

And yes, cleaning out the stale, stray files from when I originally cloned off of vanilla fixed the csrf issues I was having.

• Add menu items to Lavendar.

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    C

@mootzville Thanks!

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    mootzvilleM

Ya, so I was dumb...I have a local dev instance and a staging server. I was playing around with some things and forgot to switch the theme back to vanilla which explains why I was missing the navbar for the login screen...boo me.

But yes, thanks for pointing that out. The template engine and middleware are making a lot more sense now after looking through the source for the last 2 days...

I'm going to start looking to add/update the documentation here soon...some of the stuff can drive you crazy if you aren't familiar with the version changes.

Also, after reading through most of core at this point I have to say it's an impressive piece of kit. Thumbs up to the core devs. @julian @baris @psychobunny

EDIT: Also, anyone else who comes across this thread...if you really want to save yourself some time banging your head against the wall -- like I did -- take a few days to really dive into the nodebb source. It has been a good lesson in object-oriented javascript -- so many objects 🙂 -- done right. I've realized I'm approaching things more from a functional perspective, so this has been an eye opener for me.

• best method of programmatically adding users

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    mootzvilleM

What kind of changes?

• 1 Votes
    13 Posts
    4k Views
    G

@julian Awesome, thank you.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    S

We've had people test Chrome, FF and IE... none work at the sites with these two firewall products, sadly. HTTPS might work. That's a pain until free certs are widely available 😞 Not practical to have tons of them.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    A

You never stop to amaze me on how fast you respond to issues. Thank you! 😄

• 0 Votes
    17 Posts
    6k Views
    ajayA

May be all it needs is time
    showing it installed now 🙂

• Subdomains help.

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    4k Views
    S

@aixnr Ah right! that clears things up a lot! Cheers, i'll let you know how it turns out.

• How to get rid of QuotaExceededError?

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    silverysevenS

I have been trying to get rid of this error in my chrome dev console

Uncaught QuotaExceededError: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'masonry:layout' exceeded the quota.

Where can set the exceeding qouta?

I'm using 0.6.0-dev

• Cannot click links in nodebb

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    purldatorP

Hey there! Love nodebb and the awesome potential of using it as my forum solution.

However, I have been noticing something odd? Whenever I try to click on a hyperlink, sometimes it appears the link doesn't work. It's not broken and doesn't lead to a 404. Rather, I click it and it does the same behavior if I clicked a link that was linked to an empty anchor of some kind. eg:

<a href="#">A link</a>

Wish I could show this behavior; it's difficult to describe. The link works if I right-click it and open it in a new tab or window. It's happened in the past while perusing this forum and it happened just now again when I tried to click on "Google analytics code not installed" in the unread list of topics.

My specs: Google Chrome Version 39.0.2171.65 m on Windows 8.1

EDIT: The same topic is back in my unread list/page and the same behavior is happening. Trying to click it but the link is 'lame' and won't work. Only right-clicking and opening in a new tab allows me to access it.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    wzrdtalesW

@baris Yes I use Redis for NodeBB, so it gets applied to the integrated socket.io. But also it seems like I misinterpreted the problem for some reasons...

Several features are not working with clustering, for example the chat:
    I can open it, but...
    http://puu.sh/d1vZq/0a3f135134.png
    As you see in this screenshot, sometimes I get the messages and sometimes I don't.

Or the plugins, I can initiate installation and nothing happens but the image changes. Installation through the ACP just don't work with clustering. I haven't tested it yet together with websockets, as I'm a cloudflare customer and haven't got access to the websockets right now.

• nginx halp plskthx [solved]

0 Votes
    52 Posts
    21k Views
    wzrdtalesW

@termnml Have no Problem with that, I prefer most of the times relative pathes. Also in web applications. Just because they're that dynamic as I moving things to other locations. Or deploying them into another environment. 🙂

Good evening and good night.