Introducing the NodeBB 0.7.0 Persona preview


  • Admin

    Yeah, I agree with you guys, I think it needs a bit more messaging. The grey hover checkbox thing is a neat idea.

    The main reason for this feature is because the checkboxes from vanilla take way too much room on mobile, and it's something that the gmail mobile app does, so I thought it was neat

    Tried uploading an image, getting an ECONNREFUSED error.

    This is unrelated to persona, maybe file a bug if its still an issue?



  • This post is deleted!

  • Gamers

    BUG :
    When i refresh page ......

    LOG :
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-widget-essentials".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. Thi s may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-theme-persona".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins.reload] Library not found for plugin: nodebb-theme-persona
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - info: [plugins/spam-be-gone] Settings loaded


  • Gamers

    @dsont said:

    Get rid of the black box with this custom CSS. Just set it in the admin panel.

    #content {
        margin-top: 40px;
    }
    
    #content div.jumbotron:nth-of-type(1) {
        display: none;
    }
    

    Screenshot from 2015-03-26 00:47:02.png

    Color NavBar ?



  • @Master-Antonio said:

    BUG :
    When i refresh page ......

    LOG :
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-widget-essentials".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. Thi s may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-theme-persona".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins.reload] Library not found for plugin: nodebb-theme-persona
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - info: [plugins/spam-be-gone] Settings loaded

    Nodebb version?


  • Gamers

    @a_5mith said:

    @Master-Antonio said:

    BUG :
    When i refresh page ......

    LOG :
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. This may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-widget-essentials] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-widget-essentials".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] This plugin may not be compatible with your version of NodeBB. Thi s may cause unintended behaviour or crashing.
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins/nodebb-theme-persona] In the event of an unresponsive NodeBB caused by this plugin, run ./nodebb reset plugin="nodebb-theme-persona".

    30/4 16:06 [15891] - warn: [plugins.reload] Library not found for plugin: nodebb-theme-persona
    30/4 16:06 [15891] - info: [plugins/spam-be-gone] Settings loaded

    Nodebb version?

    0.7.0

    POST : https://community.nodebb.org/topic/4388/the-themes-are-mixed-now-nodebb-don-t-work-help-me

    I'm returned to 0.6.1 .



  • Loving the progressbar and the spinner while loading pages now. 😄


  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Yes. Zero opacity for transition, as for me, is a good choice.
    I'm working on theme that is derived from Persona. It was a very first thing to change: transition animation.


  • Admin

    @José-Ángel-Rey-Liñares said:

    Loving the progressbar and the spinner while loading pages now. 😄

    Back by popular demand 😛

    This version has a trickle effect, so if you were on mobile and temporarily lost connection, it continues to move up in small increments.

    As far as UX goes, this has even tricked me into thinking its still loading haha. It seems to feel better than staring at a blank screen


  • Admin

    @José-Ángel-Rey-Liñares said:

    It will include the button on botton-right to stretch the wide of the contents, and make them occupy all the screen? I loved that from lavender.

    @baris any chance of you implementing this as a plugin? Then we can remove this from lavender and have it as an optional dep. Same thing I plan to do for the loading bar animation eventually



  • I actually have a suggestion from my mobile users, instead of using the topic start date they prefer if I set it up to use the teaser instead so that they can click and go to the last post in the thread. Some of our threads have 20K+ posts and were started 6 years ago, so there dropping them off at the first post in a thread is aggravating.

    It's basically my workaround for now as they complain for a button to take them to the last post they read in a thread that works across devices.


  • Admin

    Yeah I agree with that, and it's something that I've forgotten about. I'll create an issue



  • Using Bootswatch skins the chat bar looks kinda funky now: http://i.imgur.com/cb0fM3v.png it only covers about half of the screen and just looks weird in general =/

    Also the vertical bar next to the topics in /unread and /recent is always grey even if the topic hasn't been read yet, makes it look kinda boring.



  • @Xiph Can you create an issue on the themes repo as well? Thanks.



  • how is the square boxes above the forum list done? are they a widget?


  • Plugin & Theme Dev



  • thanks, got it working



  • It's beautiful.



  • @dsont how did you get the "Welcome to the NodeBB Developer Community" section to display like that above the categories?


  • Community Rep

    @henrywright That was some stuff manually added to the template during the preview.

    You should be able to get a similiar effect using the html widget with a jumbotron container from widget-essentials, but there's no widget container that's just for the categories page, it would appear on all pages. Someone should fix that....


Log in to reply
 

Suggested Topics

| |