The themes are mixed - Now Nodebb don't work - Help Me.


  • Gamers

    Hi guys.
    I've installed Nodebb 0.7.0 .
    I have a very strange problem.
    Do not ever happened to me a thing.
    The themes are mixed together.
    How is it possible?
    Lavender Actived is mixed to Persona.

    If i active Persona, is mixed with NodeBB Vanilla.

    WTF ?

    I'm returned to 0.6.1 .


  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Clear your browser cache.


  • Community Rep

    Yeah, this is definitely an issue that needs fixing. I'm sure they'll fix it before release though.

    Clearing cache of course works, but it's completely unrealistic to expect users to do this. (I had to look up a tutorial just to figure out how to clear cache in chrome. 😡 friggin' hate chrome.)


  • Gamers

    @hek Yes i know, but it does not solve anything.
    With each refresh must clear the cache.


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    Have you restarted your NodeBB after changing themes? To my knowledge, this is still required


  • Gamers

    @julian said:

    Have you restarted your NodeBB after changing themes? To my knowledge, this is still required

    Yes.
    So i returned to version 0.6.1
    Help me here please.
    https://community.nodebb.org/topic/4389/same-plugin-don-t-work-also-emojii/2


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    If you've downgraded back to v0.6.1, please reinstall the dependencies:

    $ rm -rf node_modules/
    $ npm i --production
    $ ./nodebb setup
    


  • I thought you couldn't drop back major versions? Especially 0.7.x to 0.6.x.



  • I am running into this mixed theme issue on my forums. I have restarted them via the admin UI after changing the theme. It works fine when you navigate to https://www.thesaltypotatoes.com, but if you click the top left icon to navigate back to home, it looks like another theme (the Lavender theme maybe?) hops in partially. It can also be seen when going into topics. A refresh of the page fixes it, but it is not ideal for most users.

    EDIT: It looks like the easiest way to reproduce this is to change the theme. Any user that has the old theme cached on their system will run into this issue.


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    @a_5mith You're right, you can't downgrade.


  • GNU/Linux

    Yep, I had the same problem. I had to uninstall all but the main theme I was using otherwise It kept colliding with the chosen theme. The main issue was the main container was being switched to container-fluid by some javascript that was loaded by an unused theme.


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    I don't see this happening when switching from Lavender to Vanilla and back... under what themes does this switching bug out?


  • GNU/Linux

    I'm using persona and i had lavender, vanilla, and a few of the other non-stock themes installed. I did a grep for "container-fluid" in the javascript of all the theme folders and found that some of them have code to change container to container-fluid (which is what my issue was) so I simply deleted them figuring their code was being included somehow and it immediately fixed the issue.



  • @KingCat said:

    I'm using persona and i had lavender, vanilla, and a few of the other non-stock themes installed. I did a grep for "container-fluid" in the javascript of all the theme folders and found that some of them have code to change container to container-fluid (which is what my issue was) so I simply deleted them figuring their code was being included somehow and it immediately fixed the issue.

    Could you describe in more detail how you did it?

    This bug brings a lot of inconvenience.
    It is strange that it has not yet been resolved.

    20141204163009.jpg


  • GNU/Linux

    @XenTerSeO All I did was look at which themes were installed, if they weren't the active one, I deleted them. By deleting I mean I did an npm uninstall nodebb-theme-lavender, etc after disabling them in the ACP.



  • @KingCat said:

    @XenTerSeO All I did was look at which themes were installed, if they weren't the active one, I deleted them. By deleting I mean I did an npm uninstall nodebb-theme-lavender, etc after disabling them in the ACP.

    Unfortunately it does not help the change already established template.
    Whenever you add or change the code installed themes have to clear the cache.

    Have to wait for the official fix.


  • GNU/Linux

    @XenTerSeO said:

    @KingCat said:

    @XenTerSeO All I did was look at which themes were installed, if they weren't the active one, I deleted them. By deleting I mean I did an npm uninstall nodebb-theme-lavender, etc after disabling them in the ACP.

    Unfortunately it does not help the change already established template.
    Whenever you add or change the code installed themes have to clear the cache.

    Have to wait for the official fix.

    I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here but whenever you restart nodebb it should re-generate all the css and javascript used. Removing those themes and then doing a restart should take care of the issue.

    If you're having the exact same issue as me with the container being turned into container-fluid I can help with that, just let me know.



  • @KingCat

    I try to explain step by step:

    Installed two themes:
    nodebb-theme-persona
    nodebb-theme-vanilla

    I use persona.
    Remove vanilla leads to errors. Probably, they are connected with each other.

    • I want to edit the theme (add or remove any items)
    • I turn to the folder: /www/node_modules/nodebb-theme-persona
    • Change necessary elements to me. For example, delete button "reply"
    • Then reboot the forum.
      As a result - If you go to any topic, the button 'reply' it will be in place, even though we have removed it.
      ...but worth to refresh the page - the button is removed.

    Something like

    I am running into this mixed theme issue on my forums. I have restarted them via the admin UI after changing the theme. It works fine when you navigate to https://www.thesaltypotatoes.com, but if you click the top left icon to navigate back to home, it looks like another theme (the Lavender theme maybe?) hops in partially. It can also be seen when going into topics. A refresh of the page fixes it, but it is not ideal for most users.

    The only solution would be - clear your browser cache. But I can not make everyone force users to clear the cache when any change.

    😏


  • GNU/Linux

    @XenTerSeO First, I believe you are correct, vanilla may be required for persona, I didn't delete that one.

    Second, that issue is only temporary, It should fix itself once you close the browser window and revisit the site. Also hitting shift+refresh will force your browser to re-download all the assets. I'm pretty sure nodebb has it setup to cache the assets on the browser for a day or two.



  • @KingCat said:

    @XenTerSeO First, I believe you are correct, vanilla may be required for persona, I didn't delete that one.

    Second, that issue is only temporary, It should fix itself once you close the browser window and revisit the site. Also hitting shift+refresh will force your browser to re-download all the assets. I'm pretty sure nodebb has it setup to cache the assets on the browser for a day or two.

    The problem remains even after you close your browser, and shift+refresh.
    I have chrome browser.

    I'm pretty sure nodebb has it setup to cache the assets on the browser for a day or two.

    Unfortunately, it also remains uncomfortable, especially if you frequently change the structure of the template.



Suggested Topics

| |