How to get custom badges assigned for people?

Technical Support

Ive noticed that a few people here have custom badges such as "theme developer" / "plugin developer" - and I was wondering how to do some thing for my own forum?

I tried to do so for my own forum - but when we create a new group with this new badge - it does not show up beside the user..... at all.

We do have a the rewards plugin that assigns badges based on fulfilled conditions installed - which works for other badge titles that have conditions associated with them - but it does not work on a badge that has no condition associated with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Global Moderator Plugin & Theme Dev

@muonx badges are selected by the user. Under User -> Profile -> Edit -> Group Title

Yes old topic but why is it by design that by default badges are manually selected by user? In my view if you use it together with nodebb-rewards-essentials it's some kind of reward ("User with 100 posts" e.g.) so it should be auto selected after being assigned. If a user doesn't like it he can remove it manually.

• GNU/Linux

@dave1904 we wanted to give the end user the option to select between multiple badges, or to show none if desired.

The end result is a tad confusing, so we are hoping to update it at some point.

https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/10921

Suggested Topics

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts

• How to get all posts !!!

Unsolved Technical Support
    0 Votes
    4 Posts

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts