General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Julian Lam and NodeBB on Ghost Talk Podcast

1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    eva2000E

Indeed interesting podcast and insight into NodeBB. Great that Ghost and NodeBB can learn from each other some stuff 🙂

• Unable to get NodeBB working properly.

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

@riotshielder Looks like NodeBB isn't playing nicely with your subfolder install. Can you try installing it on a subdomain, like forum.ts-mc.net?

• Upgrade issues

0 Votes
    37 Posts
    12k Views
    manuelM

i have same errors and more X_x

• Plugin Version Compatibility

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    4k Views
    S

You could just leave the older versions compatible with the older versions of NodeBB. Like currentlyat BitBangers, we have the old 0.0.6 version running as that was the only one i could get working correctly with the 0.3.2 version of NodeBB.

If you use an older version of nodebb then you will have to use an old version of the plugin.

• the onehundred free books rewards system

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    R

Thanks once again @julian !

• 0 Votes
    19 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

@baris We did, but it still seems to want to compile something. Not sure, maybe it isn't bcrypt.

• Issues with plugins

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    X

Looks like it was an outdated plugin issue. 🙂

• 1 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    R

@julian Thanks very much for your help Julian - Cheers!

• Reinstalling NodeBB

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    A

@baris No, nothing and this came up while restarting again:

./nodebb: line 36: kill: (30684) - No such process
  • Raspberry Pi Having 512 MB of RAM?

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

@dark_hunter Looks like you can get a Pi here: http://www.pishop.co.nz/raspberry-pi/

• Different theme per category?!

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    T

I don't believe this is currently implemented at this time. However you can manipulate the category.tpl the following way:

Using the {cid} value, you can explicitly change the CSS based on the category number. Using a wrapper div or whatever you choose. I am currently manipulating div's to change styles and background image per category. This has worked for me. @psychobunny may implement a better solution for this but right now, this is the best way to do it and it works nicely.

<div class="category-{cid}> ... </div>

So the class would be .class-#, replace # with category number.
    That's the easy part, the headache would be of course styling per category of course, but hey... :squirrel: it shouldn't be a problem either.

• LabConnect Forum

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    BonplansachatB

@leo merciii lol

• How to deal with spam registrations

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian I checked most emails from those spambots and CleanTalk had almost all of them in their antispam list. Unfortunately it doesn't offer a Javascript way to access their API. I'm thinking of 'talking' to a PHP script while doing the registration just to check against their antispam list via HTTP requests.

Actually I don't see any antispam solution for node.js except yandex cleanweb which I saw somewhere.

On a side note, how are total users counted? Deleting users doesn't seem to lower the count just saying.

• what is the flag mean?

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    D

AKA reporting.

• Watching NodeBB

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    S

@Oroton said:

Can you Bridge nodebb with others so when it saves a new registration it can store username into a new DB

There is a filter:user.create hook, so you could create a plugin to do that.

• calling judy

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    OrotonO

So here is a noobish question
    Anyone get into Call of Duty or CoD
    What platform and name

I'm PSN and name is lost_oroton

• NodeBB as a KNOWLEDGE BASE system

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    M

Thanks for the quick Reply!@julian
    We are trying to create a Sub-Category is this something in the plans.

We want to have something like Support as a category then other categories for other things like Email Support, Platform Support.
    I feel this might be needed as it would not be organized well.

• Running Without The Port?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    D

Hello @rune sounds like something I could do yeah, I will have a look, thanks.

• Defining custom routes

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Custom routes are defined by plugins, since the routing actually has to be created by NodeBB.

You'll need to write a plugin that listens for the action:app.load hook and calls a relevant method to add the routes

• 3 Votes
    15 Posts
    5k Views
    julianJ

Yeah, SSLs.com, which used to be cheapSSLs.com. In my opinion, you do get the same cert for a much lower price, so I didn't see any reason not to go with 'em.

We're looking to introduce SSL support as an add-on for our premium hosting packages (bundled with village & city, extra for hamlets)