General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • is sub forum avaiable in nodebb ?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    ?

In NodeBB, subcategories are referred to as child categories. In order to set up your subforum, you would create your necessary categories (one for mobile phones, and then others for android, ios, etc) and then set the parent category of your intended subforums to be your mobile phones category.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    jareyJ

@julian said:

The idea is they're compatible, although I think at the moment, it only works with 0.4.x of Ghost...

Thanks for your reply. I will try with ghost 0.4.x then.
    Thank you very much.

UPDATE: I've just tested the plugin with version 0.4.2 of Ghost and all ran smoothly. The problem for me was the "Same Origin Policy" testing the plugin in my local instances of Ghost and Nodebb. I will now re-try the installation with the latest version of Ghost and let you now if i find any problem. Thanks again. 😃

UPDATE2: I've tested the plugin with version 0.5.8 of Ghost. I get an error related to the ghost API. Even logged in the api responds with 401 unauthorized. I think that is the step involved of publishing the post from ghost to nodebb (while fetching the blog entry content). Think this issue is already known by @psychobunny . Fun fact is that i can post comments en entries already published on nodebb and all works good.

• Should studies be done even during vacations?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    jareyJ

hahaha Edsys again. Nice spam.

• Suggested Topics

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    A

@julian said:

LOL can you repro?

Nope. 😞 Only happened once. tbh I nearly refreshed when it did it without print screening it. 😆 Might only do it when you have 1 post in the topic.

It could also be my new fancy internets being too quick and showing me two topics at once like some mental multi tasking feature.

• > markdown span across multiple paragraphs?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    2k Views
    PitaJP

Adds to list of plugins to make

• You know you're a web dev when...

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    hekH

Programmer
    n. [proh-gram-er]

An organism that turn caffeine and pizza into software.

• Doesn't Technology Also Have Negative Impacts?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Looks to be someone advertising edsys. Whatever the cream egg that is.

• 5 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    nhl.plN

There are two main reasons why this guide has been published. I have had to limit mobile bandwidth consumption on 3G connection and to get rid of Git and Ruby issues. Mixing them up with Windows command line is a bit quirky.

Linux and other *nix users should skip it and go with your official guide. I have tested it on a local computer with Fedora 21 Server and it is really easy to reproduce. But on Windows it is not.

And you do not need to change so many firewall settings for cmd.exe, ssh.exe and similar processes. Using web-based OpenShift tools is also much easier for beginners.

We have prepared a new guide for users with rhc and git tools.
    https://github.com/ahwayakchih/openshift-nodebb

I hope it can be used by those who only installed PHP forum scripts.

• Cookies - User Options

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    HuggyH

@a_5mith

Yes I totaly agree, I need to add something to comply with this as I'm in the UK (my bad), even tho I think it's stupid and may never get enforced.

I can't afford the legal costs if it ever did and as a community/open source project I'm just informing the rest of the community who may or may not be aware of this, as I didn't find it mentioned before.

Thanks

Dave

• Is there are linkedin sso plugin instruction?

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    X

ok, I see there is a newer version

nodebb-plugin-sso-linkedin-oauth2

installed, but where can I input my api key? can't find in ACP...

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    HuggyH

@pichalite

Yer I think your right here, I've done a hack for now but knowing quite well that will get over written on the next upgrade.

And even tho this would normally be a minor concern for normal links, links to a another app on the site really need to be in a seperate tab.

So I've had to hack that as well, so I need to get my head around writting some plug-ins and how they all work, I want to fork this one [nodebb-plugin-outside] and see what I can do with it as I think this would serve my purpose but I don't think it's working at the moment.

Do you know if anyone has had any luck with getting any of the debuggers working?

I learn faster by seeing what's going on under the hood.

• Image Uploading

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    3k Views
    HuggyH

@Mega

Ah Ok thank you, I was choosing last option!

Anyway done that got my id, try and save it in the plugin section and nothing happens,
    I've restarted twice any ideas? If a paste code code hit save and nothing, come out go back in and not saved?

EDIT: Found and fixed bugs at my end will submit pull requests.

• Image linking behavior

-1 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    PitaJP

THIS YOUTUBE EMBED WIDTH OMFG

• V8-profiler compatibility

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    HuggyH

@vatsal

Hey vatsal,

Have you made any progress of using any of the inspectors with nodebb?

Just thought I'd check before going off on a wild goose chase!

I'm having couple of small issues with a couple of plugins so would like to see what's going on under the hood, this will help me get a better understanding of the system faster and help me fix stuff!

Thanks

Dave

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    P

👍

It's a pain to scroll all the way down to read the latest post on mobile.

• Permissions? SEO?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@Dave-Huggy-Jones No idea buddy. I only make the occasional plugin. 👍 Not sure what the final plans are for groups. But I'm sure if enough people request something it will be implemented.

• Topics.post without parsing

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    MegaM

@Mega said:

What do you think, will it okay for you? :3

@pitaj said:

that solution has XSS vulnerability

Yup ^_^

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    A

The facts put forward in this blog are quite interesting. But can they completely replace the use of biometric identification. Also, what new level of safety and security can the integration of smart card with biometrics bring?

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    PitaJP

@JonDoe12 don't think it's possible at the moment without editing templates

• Embed web page within post

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    3k Views
    codejetC

any help with doing some pre checks with this plugin ? a test to see if uid=1 so that users can't access this embed