leemyL

Thanks a lot! It works 😄

• Problem with websocket connection

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    limkerL

I switched over to grey clouds in my subdomain, same problem. @julian

EDIT: correction. It's working. I'll make some test before close this topic. Thanks!

• Admin access

1 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    A

I set them up as the same credentials for both for testing and ease of use. In production you'd use different logins for putty and your forum. Your forum user will have admin credentials applied. Sorry for the confusion. If you're still having issues. Send me a chat message and I'll look when I get in.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

I am not sure if bluehost gives you ssh access to install the required software to run NodeBB, if it does then yes you can install NodeBB on it.

• Schedule Post?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    Moritz FriedrichM

Did you manage to build a plugin? I'd be interested in this. Thanks!

• Login - Using a MySQL existing database?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    M

Yeah I could copy my user inside Redis but what is hard is when new user sign up in MySQL, to replicate this inside Redis
    Thanks for your help,
    Max

• Permissions?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    julianJ

@Neor At the moment, only Administrators have banning privileges, and there is no facility to hand out timed bans, though that would be a neat plugin 🙂

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • 2 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    PitaJP

@julian that's too bad. Will you pay me then 😛

• Is this supposed to be a bug on quoting?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    A

Looks like a bug / UX enhancement.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    remcokatzR

Ah yes, that is correct! I've not selected an icon since i wanted to do custom images with icons not present in the font awesome collection.

The icons in the font awesome collection are not an option so how can i have this fixed?

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    julianJ

@José-Ángel-Rey-Liñares I don't believe Kano uses NodeBB anymore, though I could be mistaken.

We still recommend https://github.com/julianlam/nodebb-plugin-sso-oauth, though if you have a login API that takes username/password, you could also consider writing a plugin that listens on the action:auth.overrideLogin hook...

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

@v4 This is a risk with any application, and NodeBB is no exception. Think "zero-day exploits" and applications which accidentally let someone "break out" of the environment. It's obviously something we patch and code against, but finding them is often another matter 🙂

We maintain an email specifically for handling these issues: [email protected]. If you've located an exploit vector, email use privately there, and we'll get it fixed up!

• Upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    A

You would have to shut from stable to master. Master isn't advised to be used in production, but for testing is fine.

To change branches you would type

git checkout master
    git pull
    ./NodeBB upgrade
    npm up

You may need to disable incompatible plugins if their are any.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    S

Is there any way to make this widget show recent posts not only from the current category but from all subcategories within it as well?

• 1 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    N

@bentael After some pause, I think I'm ready to work on custom importer. After some investigation I have found, that Importer works with classic/basic entities. Even If I will create custom importer, for example nodebb-plugin-import-ipboard-very-custom, import plugin will use only designed methods (I will be able to import additional fields) like: setup, getPaginatedUsers, getPaginatedCategories, getPaginatedTopics, getPaginatedPosts, and several utility methods like logging, testRun, etc.

My question: as author of importer, what do you recommend to do if I want to import additional entities? (Example: awards)

What I want to accomplish after import: Import of standard data: topics, categories, posts, users - It's simple and clear Import custom user fields without altering User document for future plugin use Import additional entity - Awards for future plugin use Import additional entity - Points(like reputation, but isn't part of user table) for future plugin use
  • Clustering with Mongo?

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    T

@pichalite we are running a cluod system, where we actually need to add those to packages. Basically a similar situation as with the heroku install. (Btw That's a really good page in the docs)

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

I don't understand what you are asking, sorry 😦

• Sitemap contains removed topics only

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

@Tom-Riddleff That is quite weird. Would it be possible for you to provide us a copy of your database so we can investigate the problem?