General Discussion

A place to talk about whatever you want

3.8k Topics 23.2k Posts
  • Better SEO

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Whether Google would prefer it one way or another, we can only guess. An entire snake oil industry is built around optimising sites for high search rankings, but in the end, the biggest contributor to your ranking is whether or not you have fresh, user-generated content...

Frankly, a forum is hands-down the best way to expose and incentivise user-generated content for indexing. Everything else (meta tags, URL structure, etc) is just icing on the cake.

• This is a relly cool projekt

0 Votes
    19 Posts
    5k Views
    JenklerJ

Yeah, It looks promising but i have a lot to figure out. Maybe i test it on my next new project 😄

I love this new theme, clean and fresh as it should be 😉

• NodeBB: to Redis, or to not Redis?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    julianJ

Thanks for the insight @aixnr! We still recommend redis as the default storage engine, especially for small forums, as it was what NodeBB was originally built against. MongoDB is supported just as well as Redis, so there is no fear of it ever being deprecated or considered a second-class citizen when it comes to support.

As for those stats you were asking about:

NodeBB 28,600 Posts 3,645 Topics 3,867 Users 139.08MB memory used in Redis
  • Iphone image upload is buggy

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    BobberB

v 0.6.0
    The problem is when uploading images with iphone, the latest image upload reflects previous image upload.
    Tested on iphone 4s 5 and 6 browser safari and chrome. While uploading first picture everything seems to
    function fine, but after second image is uploaded the first one gets overwritten with second.

Easy to replicate.

• Cant access mongo terminal in Digital Ocean

1 Votes
    19 Posts
    9k Views
    G

@frissdiegurke
    Hey mate 🙂

Why do I get the error below:
    2015-04-01T07:02:19.625-0400 E QUERY Error: couldn't add user: not authorized on nodebb to execute command { createUser: "user, roles: [ "readWrite" ], digestPassword: false, writeConcern: { w: "majority", wtimeout: 30000.0 } }
    at Error (<anonymous>)
    at DB.createUser (src/mongo/shell/db.js:1066:11)
    at (shell):1:4 at src/mongo/shell/db.js:1066

I get error like this whenever i tried to do sometime like show collections or show databases

Why do i get this error?

• NodeBB website integration

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    A

Thanks for the answers.
    I will have a look at the OAuth2 SSO plugin since our website has it's own OAuth2 API too.

• Redis & NodeBB

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

Here are the stats for this forum.

3848 users
    3628 topics
    28458 posts

139.12M redis memory usage

This includes the session store as well.

• Newbie Q - Installing nodeBB on digitalocean

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    PakornP

Thank you!!

• group icon selection broken

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    frissdiegurkeF

Also for the user-settings a "No group-label" option may be wished by some users.

• upload picture file

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    1k Views
    julianJ

@baris, can you take a look? The error message passed back from imagemagick suggests the command was called incorrectly. On Ubuntu 14.04, I have imagemagick v6.7.7.10 installed

@raven Please let me know the output of uname -r && lsb_release -a. Please also try to upgrade your imagemagick installation if possible.

• Cant access SSH server in Mac

0 Votes
    18 Posts
    5k Views
    G

Thanks everyone. Finally got it work.
    Had to contact to the customer support and report about the problem. Now its working smooth 🙂

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    Peter-Zoltan KeresztesP

I can live for now with what we have. I am waiting for 0.7 to be released then I hope my issue will be fixed. I just thought you guys want to know about the issue I am experiencing.

• 1 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    H

I haven't been around for a while. Life has been busy. I moved and got a new job. Then I saw my favorite Linux Distro (Antergos) changed their forum over to NodeBB. So I had to come check it out. Things are really starting to look solid around here!

• How to run NodeBB on Mongodb?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Please specify NodeBB hash (git rev-parse HEAD), and let us know if you originally ran ./nodebb setup and selected mongo as the database

• db search problem

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    barisB

@raven Please run the following to update your vanilla theme to 1.0.79

npm install [email protected].

Clear cache and try again, the problem should be resolved.

• Nothing in the homepage in my nodebb

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    ravenR

@julian i remove the fonts of googleapi, it works ok.
    but when I add search Plugin and reindex
    I cann't search also.I got the error upload-f4466513-629c-4ea8-ac41-f50f6013f353

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • 1 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    A

Key to the cupboard I keep her locked in... 😆... tumbleweed

• version support policy

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    B

thanks! 👍

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    G

Hi
    I m currently following these two links
    Configuring Database
    Setting Up NodeBB on Digital Ocean

Is there anything else that I need to follow to host NodeBB on digital ocean with mongodb as database?
    I m reading through the NodeBB docs and following the links by order but was wondering is there anything else that I need to know about?
    And the digital ocean guide is 2 years old and wondering if there's changes in things that I m not aware of.

Thank you 🙂