That should be available in Settings -> Groups 🙂
Are there any plans to update the version of jQuery used in the latest NodeBB?
Why do you need to update, missing something?
The newest jQuery versions seem to be just smaller and faster. There's no major api changes, so everything should work without changes. It just breaks compatibility with older browsers. Which is probably why we are still using an older version.
It would be interesting if we had some test results to see whether the speed increase is worth the reduced compatibility. My guess is it's not.
This is interesting.
Since it's smaller and faster, isn't that more a reason to update?
It just breaks compatibility with older browsers.
How old? Isn't it time to move on?
I don't know enough of it but am curious of the reasons.
Isn't it time to move on?
I would love it if we could just use the latest versions and forget about all about backwards compatibility.
I see no reason we can't move to a newer version of jQuery actually.
We made the conscious decision to stick with the v1.x branch due to IE compatibility, but as jQuery 2+ itself supports 9+, and Microsoft actually doesn't support anything below 11, I think it's safe to say we can update the lib now
@jongarrison master branch is now updated to latest jquery.
@pichalite Very cool! Thanks!