502 bad gateway

• Sometimes when I go on my forum it pops up with 502 bad gateway... My forum is hosted my leet.cc and node BB so leet are managing it. How can I fix bad gateway when I am not in control?

• I have the same problem, hosting it on my own Linux server. Pops up out of nowhere, seems like NodeBB stops running.

• @Saquron @MagicalKingdom

Do you have many plugins activated? Recently I had a problem where, I believe, the twitch plugin would cause my NodeBB forum to crash resulting in a 502 bad gateway error. Since disabling that plugin NodeBB appears stable again for me. Possibly you have a buggy or, more likely, incompatible plugin.

• @rod Yeah, I've been testing all plugins I'm using, one by one, but even when I have only 2 activated I still encounter this problem. Only if I keep like one plugin running the website works fine for maybe a few more hours, but still goes offline after a while.

• @Saquron Try starting your forum in "dev" mode. It may leave more information on the screen when it crashes. ./nodebb dev instead of ./nodebb start

• @rod I've done that, only shows request but after some time it "crashes" without an error.

• @Saquron What type of resources does your server platform provide?

• RAM amount
    • CPU core numbers
    • CPU speed
    • Hard drive space
    • Operating System variant and version
    • Redis or Mongodb for NodeBB
    • Nginx or different webserver
    • Are you a single tenant on this server or is it shared with others
    • Etc

• @rod

• 3GB DDR3 RAM
    • Dual core
    • 2.8 GHz
    • 500 GB Hard Drive
    • Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS
    • MongoDB for storage, redis for clustering
    • Nginx as webserver
    • A default tenant that's a reverse proxy to another server, and a tenant for the forum (which is a reverse proxy to nodebb)

• @Saquron Your hardware appears adequate. Is that server running a lot of other things or primarily NodeBB?

Which version / branch of NodeBB are you running?

• @rod No, I'm only running the forum on my Linux server, so besides NodeBB only Nginx, MongoDB and Redis.
    NodeBB 1.0.3

• @Saquron Well you have ruled out all of the easy "low hanging fruit" that I could think of. Possibly this is a v1.0.3 concern. The forum I administer is still on v1.0.2 as 1.0.3 has some crazy change that for the Lavender theme keeps images from being displayed on the home page. Which for me is a serious problem. v1.0.2 has been fairly stable for me once I de-activated the twitch plugin.

• @rod Alright, thanks for your time anyway. Yeah I've looked into every possible scenario with someone else aswell, but we can't find out what it could be either. Will have to wait I guess :)

• I have the same problem too :( Went back to v1.0.2

• This post is deleted!

• Downgraded to 1.0.2 aswell, works like a charm now.

• I can't update or downgrade. Leet.cc can only do that and they won't.

• Swedes

Try to upgrade Nodejs, that should help out with the v1.0.3 :)

• @Jenkler thanks! Latest node.js version and nodebb weekly works fine.

• Community Rep

Hmm, interesting. I'm running nbb v1.0.3 on node v0.10.0 and no such issues.

• yeah, no issues here either running node v4.4.5LTS with nodebb 1.0.3
    I wonder if it is maybe a plugin causing it?

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.