I'll try to answer some of your questions, I'm pretty new to the node environment aswell so here is what I learned so far
- With another forum software (php + mysql based) we have next logic of backups:
- mysqldump database of the forum
- copy forum files
- upload somewhere
both redis and mongo have dump utilities that work on a live server, for copying files it's pretty much the same as a php board though you can exclude some stuff
- How to update forum software? Is plan below correct (as i understand):
- get though git latest commits from repo
- restart nodejs & redis?
- ?? profit ??
pretty much, this is what works for me
git checkout <current-stable-branch>
- How to move forum software from one server to another server? ... Are there any "url-based" problems? ...
not in the default configuration you just replace the address in the config.json with the new one
- How to make possible select language for each user in nodebb? I mean one guy from USA, and his main language = english, some guy from russia and his main language is russian. What they must to do for switching their languages to their native?
users can change user account settings or https://community.nodebb.org/topic/8148/language-selection-at-registration-time/
- How can i help with translations of some missing parts in nodebb? Where can i start?
though i would message some admin first since I don't know the progress of being assigned to a language team
- How to setup nginx + php-fpm & redis + nodejs on the same VPS, where:
- nginx will proxy all connections to nodejs (to make better perfomance)
- Are there will be any conflicts?
nginx reverse proxy can be found in the documentation and in various forum threads here, no conflicts if configured correctly
I left the stuff out I have no expertise in, I hope this was somewhat helpful. I'm sure someone else here can answer your remaining questions. Good luck!