Category Header/Introduction Text

• Plugin & Theme Dev

I have a feature request for a optional category header [markdown] text displayed here:
    0_1458390619846_header.png

Many of your categories requires some introduction and or additional information. Sticky threads just isn't good enough [people don't read them].

Like in the bug report category here on the forum, it would be nice to add a link to github issue tracker and give a short explanation on how to add a bug report.

• Admin

This is a cool idea, the category description can be used there as well. We could have some kind of category header that shows this info.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

They should probably be two different things. Category description should be a short text like today, while the introduction could potentially be longer (and preferable support markup).

Got an even better idea... We could actually use the "Widget" feature. Would only require a new widget property where you can specify which category it should be shown on... that way you could place texts both in header/footer/sidebar for a specific category. Flexible!

• @hek I like that idea, At the moment I am just putting an if statement in the header, and depending which page is show, it shows different images/text.

• @hek, I'm really likeing the implementation outlined in your second post.

| |

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.