[nodebb-theme-lavender] Lavender Theme for NodeBB


  • Admin

    Don't think either this, category info masonry, or metro tiles plugin were ever compatible with Lavender - mainly because the code takes the home.tpl from vanilla and not lavender

    Need to think of a more brilliant way to figure this out, but for the shoutbox specifically you might be able to just replace the motd directly or something (since you don't modify the rest of home.tpl)


  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    @psychobunny said:

    Don't think either this, category info masonry, or metro tiles plugin were ever compatible with Lavender - mainly because the code takes the home.tpl from vanilla and not lavender

    Need to think of a more brilliant way to figure this out, but for the shoutbox specifically you might be able to just replace the motd directly or something (since you don't modify the rest of home.tpl)

    Create the widget thing! I'll see if I can have a go at replacing the motd... Any tips on how I would go about that? Add a custom api route for home?

    Edit:
    Realised I could just change the meta.config.motd... Problem is that it's wrapped inside the motd though. I could take it out with the clientside JS but that's not very nice.


  • Admin

    @psychobunny said:

    Ugh, this font is driving me nuts, it's totally unreadable. This is totally a display font and not any good for general reading. Any suggestions? Next patch I will just revert to either cerulean's or vanilla's font.

    Switched our community font to Roboto (totally forgot about this)


  • Plugin & Theme Dev

    Just noticed @psychobunny


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    ... and pushed to this forum. Looks really good, I think! 🙂



  • Omagad. Awesome design 😉



  • I had to limit post preview in homepage or very long posts generates very long homepages

    .home .category-item .post-preview {
      max-height: 250px;
      overflow-y: auto;
    }
    

  • GNU/Linux Admin

    Thanks @manuel -- perhaps we'll add this to the default CSS for this theme! 🙂



  • @julian said:

    Thanks @manuel -- perhaps we'll add this to the default CSS for this theme! 🙂

    truly I was hoping that in the next version the theme code itselft could strip the description, limiting to X words max


  • GNU/Linux Admin

    "words" is difficult, after all, what is a word, and how can we arbitrarily limit by word count?

    "中国人" is considered three words in Chinese, whereas "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz" is considered one word in German.

    We go by "height", and we do have a max of 200px per paragraph, although we should probably apply the 200px to the entire post block instead, since code blocks are exempt, and can span large heights on the Lavender theme.



  • @julian

    In the Recent Posts widget, it would be better, I think, to display user1_replied_to_post_title instead of displaying the entire post, images included. And in the Recent Topics widget, user2_posted_topic_title

    That should reduce the vertical space taken up by the sidebar.



  • an option o disable the re-arrange animation would be sweet. 🙂 as cool as it is.



  • @julian said:

    "words" is difficult, after all, what is a word, and how can we arbitrarily limit by word count?

    "中国人" is considered three words in Chinese, whereas "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz" is considered one word in German.

    We go by "height", and we do have a max of 200px per paragraph, although we should probably apply the 200px to the entire post block instead, since code blocks are exempt, and can span large heights on the Lavender theme.

    @julian
    you can just split the text after X characters without breaking word, regardless of its lenght (if total lenght is > len + 20% break the word too because it's too long)



  • $ npm install nodebb-theme-lavender

    npm http GET https://registry.npmjs.org/nodebb-theme-lavender/-/nodebb-theme-lavender-0.0.25-16.tgz
    npm http 200 https://registry.npmjs.org/nodebb-theme-lavender/-/nodebb-theme-lavender-0.0.25-16.tgz
    npm ERR! Error: shasum check failed for /home/fiag/tmp/npm-10579-bcA8O8kf/1405444943779-0.4835541208740324/tmp.tgz
    npm ERR! Expected: 9819eed278a69ddd0af80c5f44965477b4cfc410
    npm ERR! Actual: 57a3e1badecdd876b68680a3f19554a9e74797ba
    npm ERR! at /usr/lib64/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sha/index.js:38:8
    npm ERR! at ReadStream.<anonymous> (/usr/lib64/node_modules/npm/node_modules/sha/index.js:85:7)
    npm ERR! at ReadStream.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:117:20)
    npm ERR! at _stream_readable.js:920:16
    npm ERR! at process._tickCallback (node.js:415:13)



  • @fiag hmm lavender is a default theme... thats odd..


  • Admin

    If you're having trouble npm installing this theme, you can just cd node_modules and git clone https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-theme-lavender.git

    You will get the latest development version, which may not be suitable for live environment, but at least it will work 🙂

    I would try npm installing again, you may have just tried downloading on a bad time



  • @psychobunny Thanks a lot.The .tgz file from npm was really corrupted. I can use git checkout tags/v0.0.68 to get the suitable version. 🙂



  • The masonry on landscape iPad is looking interesting. I know it's because they won't overlap, but you know. Is their a better way to handle it?

    image.jpg



  • I'm search for a nice theme and tested some...

    Lavender looks nice, but why some topic options (found in vanilla theme like topic notifications, topic voting and quote icon)?
    It seems themes doesn't support all the NodeBB (basic?) features?



  • @pwFoo They support almost everything, the only think i foud can't work is the "style" option, this won't change something because they already use custom css 😄


Log in to reply
 

Suggested Topics

| |