Hello, here is a several improvements:
- ACP: improve UX, visualize parent-child relationship (for example lists with small margin-left)
- ACP: improve UX, disable/enable in place, parent relationship is still important
- Core: introduce category/section meaning for Categories. It's ok for forums, categorize several categories under one. (Let's use term read-only category)
- Template: use read-only category to render better caregory listings. Example:
- If read-only category does not have parent (main page), you can render sections
- if read-only category has parent (inner pages), you can render sub-forums, without even entering category to see them.
Motivation: better user-experience, smart categories
- If yes, could you give some timeline for these changes, because I could contribute to core.
- If no, I will create plugin, because I don't enjoy current categories implementation
A container for subcategories only; does not allow direct posts
We'd love PRs, best if they are done one subset at a time. Sounds good so far
You can create a read only category if you remove posting privileges to it, no?
@psychobunny First part of improvement is ready:
- Tree View
- Tree Manipulations, user can drag sub-categories
- Better UX, I hope
Pull Request: https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/pull/3199
Cool stuff maaan!
Looking forward to it
Wow nice vid, @Nicolas
Also, someone should fix that YouTube bug now:
@psychobunny do you have plans to update/improve
templates.jsto handle inner loops for the
If you don't have any plans, I will pick a straightforward approach.
Categories, is a nearly the last moment that should be improved for me, to migrate to the NodeBB.