• Swedes

Is it possible to send an email invitation without having a user attached to it?

I'm trying to use User.sendInvitationEmail(uid, email), but if I send in null, undefined or 0 as the uid I get no feedback that it's wrong. What I do get is, in the ACP, no ability to delete the invite.

All I get is Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 19.15.01.png

I have a locked down forum but I'm working on a feature to automate the invitation process based on some parameters. So in the end I need to run something automagically.

The delete function used is this I guess?

• Community Rep

@magnusvhendin I do not think this would be wise. Most (all?) SMTP relays will require a sender address before accepting/relaying mail. Hence, I'd suggest you create an address such as "forums@your.tld for such purposes. Then associate that email address with a user. Maybe one you don't use for other stuff?

Or maybe I do not understand you clearly: You ARE already using valid value for email address and just want to omit UID? Which seems like easy enough for the dev inclined. But I wonder what this really achieves? 🤔

Anyways, just a couple thoughts since none have yet been forthcoming... Good luck. 🎲

Suggested Topics

| |