I am still running v1.4.5 but am moving over to a new server, yes after all of these years. In doing so I have been incrementally stepping through upgrades, 1.4.5 -> 1.5.x -> 1.6.x -> 1.7.x... It was there at the 1.7.x that my custom Piwik (Matomo) code stopped working. I put NodeBB into "dev" mode and saw a number of errors related to the Twitch plugin. I removed the plugin and my analytics code now works fine.
It is bittersweet as I really like the Twitch plugin on my forum but the plugin stopped working quite some time ago. Twitch changed how their API works and the plugin was never updated to keep up.