Can't change Site Logo?

• Hello,

I tried to change the Site Logo via the Admin Dashboard of NodeBB:

alt text

Although the image is uploaded to /var/www/nodebb/public/upload/system, the image that shows up on the NodeBB forum is the initial .png image that I first used.

How can I change it?

The user that I am using is the account that was first made for me when setting up NodeBB, which I'm assuming has these privileges.

alt text

I don't know what I'm doing, thank you.

• @rrt After you make the change, can you reload NodeBB and see if that fixes it?

• Admin

Also make sure the save button is pressed after uploading the image 😄 Some people forget that since the act of uploading a picture feels very commital.

• @teh_g @julian Yes, I have reloaded via the Dashboard's reload button and I have made sure to hit the save icon at the bottom right after selecting an image file.

It still displays the very first png image that I have uploaded, can someone tell me where it is located? (Unless it is indeed in /var/www/nodebb/public/upload/system, because if it is, the new icon is definitely in there.)

I have tried stopping, building, and starting via UNIX as well.

• Global Moderator

Have you tried clearing your cache?

• @PitaJ Does this not clear it?

alt text

• Global Moderator

That should work. Do you have cloudflare or anything else?

As for your prior question,

public/upload/system/ is served through /assets/uploads/system

Have you tried restarting nginx if you have that proxying?

• @PitaJ It should be related to cache.

My boss showed me the website and on her browser and it used the most recent upload.

I tried Firefox instead of Chrome and it showed up on my Firefox as well.

So it must have been because of the cache, I'll see what I can do to make it appear on Chrome, but everything should be fine.

Thanks so much everyone.

Yeah, just cleared the cache via Tools > More Tools > Clear browsing data; everything's good.

I feel so dumb, thanks again everyone.

Suggested Topics

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.