NodeBB as Blogg platform

• Swedes

Is there any plugins out there that transforms NodeBB to a blog plattform? I know the focus is primary a forum platform but it would be nice to use it as a blog platform also 🙂

• GNU/Linux

NodeBB could do well with official plugins for store, blog etc. Currently, I don't think one exists.

• Admin

There are lots of people who ask about whether NodeBB can be used as a blog, or a CMS, etc... as usual, our response is that NodeBB is best used as a forum. However, custom-pages works in a pinch to enable CMS-like functionality (if a little cumbersome), though at this time I don't believe there is a plugin that enabled blog-type functionality.

Best bet would be to set up Ghost (another awesome Node.js project!) and link up the two with nodebb-plugin-blog-comments 😄

• @jenkler I would recomend you to use Ghost, a Node.JS Blog Project, it's very flexible, customizable and very fast (Uses varnish as the Cache Manager)

• Swedes

But the problem is that I don't want to use two projects 🙂

• GNU/Linux

Other than layout and comments system, NodeBB and a blog are more or less similar, right ? Maybe, thumbnail image is the only thing missing.

• @julian i was wondering the same thing as @Jenkler , but from what i see on github page of the plugin "What's new in 0.3x
    Fixed quite a few server crashes (especially when publishing)
    Compatible with NodeBB 0.6x+ and Ghost 0.5.10"
    Current version of Ghost in 1.24 .
    Will this work for the new version too?

Suggested Topics

| |