Absolutely lagging

• Hey there!

I have successfully ported vBulletin 5.3.5 forum users to NodeBB, but there is an issue.

When I have imported them, the forum seems really just unresponsive if you have more than 50,000 users. Takes around 10-15 seconds to load the main page although other pages load under few seconds and sometimes instantly.

Am I missing something? Also the database is MongoDB and I followed user-create from user.js to import my users.

Regards.

• Global Moderator

Are you hosting yourself or through our service? If self-hosted, how many threads are you running?

• Hi,

I am hosting on my own dedicated server.
    I have 3 instances of NodeBB setup, but as far as logging tools go, from command htop the most CPU was being used from MongoDB and when I have take a look at mongodb instance, there is a lot of logs coming with "COMMAND" and CPU stays at 100%. I am running mongod with --quiet option, but I am unsure why this is happening.

Regards.

• In mongodb log I see a LOT of spam regarding COLLSCAN and mainly from COMMAND options, even though I have --quiet enabled.

Is there any solution to this?

• huh 6 days and still nobody knows. what a drag

• Global Moderator

What are the specs of your VPS? Have you looked in our docs for tips on how to cluster NodeBB processes behind a load balancer like nginx? Can you provide actual log readouts and screenshots so we can see what you're looking out instead of just trying to figure out what you're describing? We can help you but we need more info to work with.

• Admin

@nullbyte It sounds like your indices have not been created for NodeBB.

Please run the following three commands in the mongo command line interface:

db.objects.createIndex({ _key: 1, score: -1 }, { background: true });
    db.objects.createIndex({ _key: 1, value: -1 }, { background: true, unique: true, sparse: true });
    db.objects.createIndex({ expireAt: 1 }, { expireAfterSeconds: 0, background: true });

• @PitaJ

Intel  2x Xeon E5-2630v3
    16c/32t - 2.4 GHz/3.2 GHz
    128GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz

Server would always stay on 100% CPU due to MongoDB, I don't think it needs a load balancer if you are alone trying to load the website.

@julian It works perfect now! Thank you!

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.