niroN

@Paul.Li-李隱唐
    Check your network!

• Installation steps on Debian.

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    A

The current steps outline how to compile the package yourself, however, they do now have a version for the raspberry pi, well, up to 0.10.26 anyway.

So might be worth changing the Debian NodeJS section with

wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.26/node-v0.10.26-linux-arm-pi.tar.gz tar -xvzf node-v0.10.26-linux-arm-pi.tar.gz node-v0.10.26-linux-arm-pi/bin/node --version

You should see: v0.10.26

NODE_JS_HOME=/home/pi/node-v0.10.26-linux-arm-pi PATH=$PATH:$NODE_JS_HOME/bin npm —version

You should see: 1.4.3

Not sure if this helps or not.. 😆

• Is Nesting Categories Possible

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

@Tanner said:

Subcategories would be great, wouldn't they? 🙂

Don't push it 😛

• Hide widget with user.

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    6k Views
    T

Ran into this issue as well, used conditionals which Baris broke when everything switched over to loggedIn rather than isLoggedIn.

Ah well, it's nice having every conditional the same anyways!

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    N

@baris oh sweet! 🙂

• 2 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@psychobunny Changing my username to Walter White. 😆

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@Scuzz Probably the least likely event to include Groupies. 😆

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

Hmm... there's always /nickserv identify, but I have absolutely zero idea how that even works.

What if you made your own bot that listened for private messages from users, and verified them? So all I had to do was /yourbot julian hunter2?

Then your bot would probably communicate with a companion plugin on our end to verify users by username/password... There's a possibly MITM issue present if you don't use HTTPS though... less so if everything is on one machine and you're communicating via localhost connections...

• NodeBB along side a few custom webpages?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    P

I'll update it right now to work with the latest core 🙂

EDIT: updated 🙂

• [Solved] Pagination widget broken

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    N

@julian boom, apparently did not have than June 30th commit.

Issue is resolved. 😛 Thank you 🙂

• Tutorial Request for Sentinal

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    G

I didn't see any posts on using Redis Sentinal, but I'd like to learn how to do database fail-over. Mainly because the primary machine my forum runs on is quite old and I have a few other machines on the LAN that could store the Redis slaves.

As far as the setup, is there anything I shouldn't do in their minimal config?

sentinel monitor mymaster 127.0.0.1 6379 2 sentinel down-after-milliseconds mymaster 60000 sentinel failover-timeout mymaster 180000 sentinel parallel-syncs mymaster 1 sentinel monitor resque 192.168.1.3 6380 4 sentinel down-after-milliseconds resque 10000 sentinel failover-timeout resque 180000 sentinel parallel-syncs resque 5

After setting up my existing Redis database as the master, it seems like all I need to do is set the slaveof parameter on my second machine using the Master IP address and Master PW.

• Setting the daily digest.

1 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@julian Mandrill offers 12k emails a month, + a lot of my members signed up with throw away email accounts, so I'd go through and disable those. 🙂

An option would be spiffing.

• Aspect Ratio

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

@Guiri I use 450px x 450px and set them to cover.

• Can't log in

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    NiLordN

@a_5mith said:

sudo apt-get install -y redis-server

thanks for you all your help @a_5mith

It was a problem installing Redis, nothing to do with NodeBB. I forgot to install tcl8.5 for a propper redis installation in debian.

I hope this help for future related problem, you can see how proper install redis following these steps:
    https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-use-redis

• NodeBB should have more themes

Moved
    2 Votes
    15 Posts
    6k Views
    T

@luke said:

I only see a few actual themes there and most of them are sadly reskins or modifications of the base theme, with the exception of @trevor's magical wonderland.

@a_5mith said:

@luke yeah I'm not a fan of the bootstrap skins, the trouble with theming is once you've seen @trevor's theme, you just know it won't be quite as good. 😆

Thank you guys so much, how flattering.

-_-
    @psychobunny said:

Or you can do what @trevor did which was basically modify the Vanilla theme and learn everything from that repo itself.

Yup, Vanilla based and my theme is still nodebb-theme-vanilla. I just never changed it, but I plan on changing it soon enough because of the npm and nodebb upgrade conflicts of overriding everything.

-_-
    Here's the process though... Interestingly enough I started by stripping out the things I'd prob never use in Bootstrap for a forum frontend (maybe backend but I stripped it out anyway).

And worked my way from the center in an outward pattern. So this means I began customizing everything from inside the <div id="content" class="container">...</div> then the header and footer. 8-14 hours a day, at 500~ iterations a day (because sometimes when you don't have a plan, and its just you, you ask yourself "does this look right?"). I use the same template pattern but add or remove different things.

I believe the LESS combined without including Bootstrap's Less and just my own custom one should be around 12,000 or so with about 2,000~ lines of code thats commented and commented out.

-_-
    I've started on a theme I will release for the community but I can't give an ETA on this because I am hammered with other things at the moment. I am still learning everyday new things about NodeBB and how far I can push its limits which almost seem endless.

• [Solved] emoji issues

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    2k Views
    A

@SupaHam said:

@SupaHam Ah I figured it out. I had nodebb-plugin-emoji and nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended enabled. I had to disable nodebb-plugin-emoji, which originally is enabled by default by NodeBB in order for nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended to handle all emotes on its own.

Hey, yeah, they don't like each other. Glad you got it fixed. 👍

• Private Forums

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    julianJ

"Safe", I think, is relative. Not many things are out of reach of the NSA 😄

But like how a password will keep 99% of unwanted visitors out, IP whitelisting might keep out 99.9999%, and Tor might increase that to 99.999999% 😆

@dmytri Yes, you'd have to remove all references to third-party assets. Shouldn't be too difficult, I imagine...

• Like , +1 , Tweet Widget

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Facebook

<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=https%3A%2F%2F YOUR FACEBOOK URL HERE &amp;width&amp;layout=button_count&amp;action=like&amp;show_faces=false&amp;share=false&amp;height=21&amp;appId=135888533251344" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; height: 21px; overflow: hidden; width: 105px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Twitter

<a href="https://twitter.com/TwitterUsername" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="true" data-dnt="true">Follow @TwitterUsername</a> <script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

The +1 widget will be available online somewhere, I don't use Google +, it's awful. Change TwitterUsername and YOURFACEBOOKURL to your own, the facebook one already includes the https part.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
  • Nginx 502 Bad Gateway

0 Votes
    25 Posts
    47k Views
    julianJ

@EpicIM_Inc Can you run ifconfig on your server? Is the loopback adapter not set up? 😕