Error: sendmail executable

• This happens when I attempt to send an email through the ACP.

The sendmail executable could not be found, please ensure it is installed and executable by the user running NodeBB.

If you know a solution for this, please reply asap!
    Much Thanks!

• @ExoticButters Log in in your server with the user you use to start Nodebb and try sendmail from the terminal. It should be available in user path with the right permissions on it.

• It needs a mail server/address to send those mails from. By default NodeBB tries to use the SendMail application for this. As you don't have that installed (I assume) it gives that error. Personally I'm using MailGun (with this plugin) instead of SendMail for this, because SendMail is complicated to set up.

• Global Moderator

Are you on Windows? If so, sendmail isn't available, so you'll have to install a real emailer.

• @PitaJ
    Yes. I am using Windows 10. Ermm... is there anyway to have a mail service without changing my operating system?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@ExoticButters use a third party emailer service with a nodebb plugin. All of them offer free plans.

nodebb-plugin-emailer-mailjet
    nodebb-plugin-emailer-sendgrid
    nodebb-plugin-emailer-mailgun

• @pichalite
    Ok great will check them out

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.