Technical Support

Suggested Topics

• Unable to chat

Solved Technical Support
    0 Votes
    7 Posts

@baris said in Unable to chat:

account/new-chat

Thanks! that was it, I had some custom css that hid the 2nd item in the dropdown menu. That also explains why it worked with the new DB since the custom css was no longer there.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts

omg nevermind,
    I was missing nodebb directory in home
    so just mkdir nodebb in home and sudo chown nodebb:nodebb nodebb/ does the job

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views

@pitaj 0_1518999799571_ecample.png

I'm using the lavender theme.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views

I updated to v1.3.0 and now I'm getting a different error when trying to visit the forum

TypeError: Cannot read property 'loggedIn' of undefined at helpers.displayMenuItem (/home/myuser/nodebb/public/src/modules/helpers.js:20:44) at checkConditionalHelpers (/home/myuser/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:269:76) at parse (/home/myuser/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:424:15) at parseTemplate (/home/myuser/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:133:14) at Object.templates.parse (/home/myuser/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:119:11) at /home/myuser/nodebb/node_modules/templates.js/lib/templates.js:169:30 at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (fs.js:445:3)
  • 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    2k Views

In the end, here are the only changes (to the original theme) I did to successfully achieve what I wanted without bug:

Change container to container-fluid in header.tpl to set the "default" format to fluid. For each page that I want to be non-fluid, wrap the whole ***.tpl into a <div class="container"></div>.
    For example I did this for category.tpl, topic.tpl, register.tpl and login.tpl.

It works.