End user documentation?

• I installed NodeBB for a client and they are asking me lots of questions about How to use NodeBB as a user, and how to adjust profile settings, notification settings.

Is there any end-user documentation anywhere?

• Swedes

Yeah, a user manual would be good for standard users :) It would be easier to sell in NodeBB as a platform :P

• Admin

@codecowboy said in End user documentation?:

I installed NodeBB for a client

Congrats! Where do I send the invoice :wink:

Seriously, though, we don't have end-user documentation, and that is something that we should have. It is going to be a part of our upcoming effort to address deficiencies in our documentation overall (as our admin guide does need work as well).

• Whenever I develop something for a client I send a video of how to use the product. Much more effective and personal than a page of notes.

• Swedes

Another solution is to get payed for helping the customer to learn howto use Nodebb :P

• Thanks for the replies. I would say that I will write the end user documentation but experience tells me that this will never happen :(

I also dont think I would be able to create a video for every single admin option, user-interface button etc.

Would this be something the community could do? i.e create a list of all features and people could commit to documenting / recording one feature? We would need to standardise on the recording process.

• Admin

@codecowboy @ccdw
    A community-centric documentation or video series would be amazing!

We just need someone to champion the effort :smile:

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@julian community-centric video series...

Imagine different voices explaining what different buttons do on a page :stuck_out_tongue:

• Admin

Perhaps we'll aim lower and shoot for end-user text documentation :laughing:

• Throw it up on github and let's get started! I would happily contribue! :dancer:

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.