Get current user session

• Hi,

So we're planning on switching from Discourse to NodeBB (currently sorting out a new set of forums ready for release). While NodeBB has been amazing so far, we've come into struggles with using a NodeBB account externally. In Discourse you can do and get the current viewers user information. But with NodeBB we're unable to actually find a way of doing it.

I've tried looking around the NodeBB GitHub but found nothing. I have also tried making a plugin for it, but can't get it to work that way either. So I'd love to know if there is already a way or if someone can help me out with my plugin:

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you 🙂

• Anyone? 😞

• Admin

We could possibly add a /api/me page that returns some info about the current logged in user. What kind of info you need?

• @baris Just a basic overview. Kinda like a JSON form of a users profile as if it was being viewed publicly. We do an AJAX request and get the information. Example from Discourse:

"title":"Your friendly neighbourhood moderator",

Thanks for your reply 🙂

• Admin

Alright since we already have this data when you go to /api/user/<userslug> we can just return the same info when you go to /me.

• @baris That would be perfect!

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.