Where is my admin panel?

• I've got NodeBB up and running, I am having some issues. I successfully installed on a ubuntu server with MongoDB. But i've attached an image of what I am seeing, I felt as if there had to be at least some default values...maybe not. But the main issue that I am having is, I have no admin panel. When I click "Login" nothing happens. 0_1456540618569_Capture.PNG

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@g_campbell well there seems to be no data in the database schema NodeBB is connecting to.

• @pichalite

Thank you for the response, was that something I was supposed to do or does it come package in NodeBB?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@g_campbell did you run ./nodebb setup when you installed NodeBB?

• I did. I setup it up via the web interface. How can I confirm that NodeBB and MongoDB are communicating?

• Anyone have any other input?

• run setup again and make sure you dont get any messages about not being able to connect to the database

• @phit is there an uninstall process? or just run ./nodebb setup again?

• @g_campbell, you can just re-run ./nodebb setup

• @phit @ThingBreaker

Thanks for the help guys. I actually uninstalled and reinstalled mongodb as well. There has been some change... Although I still cannot login to the admin panel. But here is what my home page looks like now0_1456678889685_Capture.PNG

• Here is what i receive during setup that might give some sort of clues to my issues...

Configuration Saved OK
    npm WARN peerDependencies The peer dependency kerberos@~0.0 included from mongodb-core will no
    npm WARN peerDependencies longer be automatically installed to fulfill the peerDependency
    npm WARN peerDependencies in npm 3+. Your application will need to depend on it explicitly.

kerberos@0.0.18 install /home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/kerberos
    (node-gyp rebuild) || (exit 0)

make: Entering directory /home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/kerberos/build' CXX(target) Release/obj.target/kerberos/lib/kerberos.o In file included from ../lib/kerberos.cc:1:0: ../lib/kerberos.h:5:27: fatal error: gssapi/gssapi.h: No such file or directory #include <gssapi/gssapi.h> ^ compilation terminated. make: *** [Release/obj.target/kerberos/lib/kerberos.o] Error 1 make: Leaving directory/home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/kerberos/build'
    gyp ERR! build error
    gyp ERR! stack Error: make failed with exit code: 2
    gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.onExit (/home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/build.js:276:23)
    gyp ERR! stack at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    gyp ERR! stack at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
    gyp ERR! stack at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:200:12)
    gyp ERR! System Linux 4.2.0-27-generic
    gyp ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
    gyp ERR! cwd /home/grant/nodebb/node_modules/mongodb/node_modules/kerberos
    gyp ERR! node -v v4.3.1
    gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v3.3.0
    gyp ERR! not ok
    connect-mongo@0.8.2 node_modules/connect-mongo
    ├── depd@1.1.0
    ├── debug@2.2.0 (ms@0.7.1)
    └── lodash@4.5.1

mongodb@2.0.55 node_modules/mongodb
    ├── es6-promise@2.1.1
    ├── readable-stream@1.0.31 (string_decoder@0.10.31, isarray@0.0.1, inherits@2.0.1, core-util-is@1.0.2)
    ├── kerberos@0.0.18 (nan@2.0.9)
    └── mongodb-core@1.2.31 (bson@0.4.21)
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [database] Checking database indices.
    Populating database with default configs, if not already set...
    Previous theme detected, skipping enabling default theme
    validator deprecated you tried to validate a undefined but this library (validator.js) validates strings only. Please update your code as this will be an error soon. src/categories/data.js:45:29
    Categories OK. Found 4 categories.
    Administrator found, skipping Admin setup
    Enabling default plugins
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [install/defaultPlugins] customDefaults undefined
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [install/enableDefaultPlugins] activating default plugins 0=nodebb-plugin-composer-default, 1=nodebb-plugin-markdown, 2=nodebb-plugin-mentions, 3=nodebb-widget-essentials, 4=nodebb-rewards-essentials, 5=nodebb-plugin-soundpack-default, 6=nodebb-plugin-emoji-extended
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: Beginning database schema update
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [2015/09/30] Converting default Gravatar image to default User Avatar skipped
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [2015/11/06] Gravatar removal skipped
    28/2 21:12 [47814] - info: [upgrade] Schema already up to date!

========================================================================

• I installed the wrong software stack. I installed the one in the ubuntu installation and i notice the one in the actual mongo db installation is different, once i installed that one, my login panel appeared. Thanks for the help everyone.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.