And once again, all my data has gone :/



  • Just like last time my website isn't working anymore. I was restarting the forum and everything was gone.

    I'm sorry, but I'm switching to other software, because 2 times complete data loss, I'm not happy about it.

    If an admin wants to look at the broken site (to check, or maybe to see what is going on). Please contact me, and I will give you my DigitalOcean username and password so you can check the console and stuff. Maybe it's my fault, maybe the software's fault, I don't know. I'm tired of getting data loss every time. Sorry.

    please @julian or other admin, contact me for digitalocean log in and pass, and if you want you can check the log's and everything you want.



  • alt text

    this is what the log says!



  • I know what the error is, I changed the maximum lag time to 1ms and restarted the nodebb software.

    Is there any way to change it back to a higher number, with the console?


  • Community Rep

    So, you didn't lose all your data? it was a configuration you changed?



  • @Bri I hope so, I hope so

    Is there a command to change the settings or reset the settings?


  • Global Moderator

    './nodebb reset settings` I think.

    Look for the reset commands and one will revert all ACP settings back to default. Currently sat in an airport in Spain. So can't confirm. 🙂



  • @a_5mith said:

    './nodebb reset settings` I think.

    Look for the reset commands and one will revert all ACP settings back to default. Currently sat in an airport in Spain. So can't confirm. 🙂

    I did, sadly the error is still there

    https://i.imgur.com/Q6gu6aU.png


  • GNU/Linux

    https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/blob/master/src/middleware/middleware.js#L29

    It seems NodeBB reads the maxLag within its config (so it's within your database at the key config) as eventLoopLagThreshold.

    I'm not sure which db you are using...

    MongoDB solution:

    mongo -u mongo-user -p mongo-password # start interactive mongodb session
    
    use mongo-database-name
    db.objects.update({_key: "config"}, {$set: {eventLoopLagThreshold: 70}})
    

    RedisDB solution:

    Someone who knows more about redis than me should be able to help you here...
    @team-redis



  • @frissdiegurke said:

    https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/blob/master/src/middleware/middleware.js#L29

    It seems NodeBB reads the maxLag within its config (so it's within your database at the key config) as eventLoopLagThreshold.

    I'm not sure which db you are using...

    MongoDB solution:

    mongo -u mongo-user -p mongo-password # start interactive mongodb session
    
    use mongo-database-name
    db.objects.update({_key: "config"}, {$set: {eventLoopLagThreshold: 70}})
    

    RedisDB solution:

    Someone who knows more about redis than me should be able to help you here...
    @team-redis

    I use Redis yes.

    Is it better to use MongoDB?


  • GNU/Linux

    @MJ said:

    I use Redis yes.

    Is it better to use MongoDB?

    I personally prefer MongoDB because I don't need the speed improvement on costs of persistence to disk. Whether it is better has to be decided per use-case and needs.
    But because of that I did never learn any redis commands, so I can't help you out with commands to fix your configuration.

    There are a few discussions on the differences of both databases to be found on this board if you're interested in more details.


  • Admin

    @MJ For redis:

    hset config eventLoopLagThreshold 70


Log in to reply
 


Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.