Chat function available after x amount of posts

• A plugin to enable the chat function after a few posts.

Members (girls) from my community are messaged by people who have no posts and abuse the chat system to message girls. I want to stop this, so I want a plugin that disables the chat if a new users has no posts and is allowed to chat with other members if a member gets 25 posts or something.

Is this easy to make? Or is there an onther way to do this?

• Translator

I can actually stand behind this feature, seems like a great way to reduce spam from bots and toxic users.

• Global Moderator

I didn't think women used the internet...

• @a_5mith the genders are 50/50 on my forum.... but it could be a trap :p

• This would be amazing for me as well. Make it so any user below X posts can receive chats and use them, but cannot start them with other users- other users have to message first. Then after that post threshold they can message normally.

• Admin

Just FYI, there is an option in user settings so that you can't receive a chat unless you followed that person first

Just because you have 25 posts doesn't mean you're not going to abuse the chat feature

• Plugin & Theme Dev

In my opinion, you will end up annoying more people by implementing this than stopping abusers.

• @psychobunny said:

Just because you have 25 posts doesn't mean you're not going to abuse the chat feature

But it makes it harder for those people.
    Or maybe a option users can't chat for the first 7 days :) This way people must have to wait before they can chat with members.

@psychobunny said:

Just FYI, there is an option in user settings so that you can't receive a chat unless you followed that person first

I know, but It's not easy for new members to find that option. It's a little bit hidden in the settings.

• Or maybe a block function

0_1455130043158_block11.png

0_1455130046241_block2.png

• Translator

Dutch chat at it finest hehe, Anyhow I do think that there is some work needed on the chat, these features are great and all. But unlike a good system to keep them somewhat in check, like a block feature like suggested one post above me or a minimum amount of posts required or basicly anything like that that still allows users to chat with each other without needing to have the users follow each other seems like a step in the right direction.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

blocking may be a better option than implementing x days/x posts restriction. You will be causing inconvenience to legit users.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.