Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined

• Anyone know what this error means?

error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'meta' of undefined
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\src\user\auth.js:80:16
    at Array.map (native)
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\src\user\auth.js:79:25
    at fn (C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:746:34)
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:1212:16
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:166:37
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:706:43
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:167:37
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:1208:30
    at C:\Apps\nodebb\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:52:16

It took down my forum today.

Thanks,

• GNU/Linux

Has already been fixed: gh#4058

It looks like you need to update your NodeBB.

barisusakli created this issue in NodeBB/NodeBB

closed crash in user session auth #4058

• Ahh thanks.. Anyone know what causes it so i can avoid doing it until the next release comes out?

• GNU/Linux

I guess it's a race condition with the database requests, so I don't think it can be avoided.

until the next release comes out

Since you don't seem to use any stable branch (the mentioned code didn't exist within 0.9.x), I assume you're on master. I don't see any problem with updating to the latest commit of master then ;)

• @frissdiegurke

Yes, i accidentally updated to master a while back :) The forum is live so i didn't want to update to latest master again until a final version came out in case it introduced more bugs.

Thanks

• @frissdiegurke

I upgraded my test server to the latest master and this issue went away (I found out that it was occurring on my live server when i clicked the settings button under my user profile).

Dont think I will update my live server yet though since i keep seeing this error on the latest master:

verbose: [translator] No resource file found for en_US/markdown, using provided fallback language file

It also crashed a few times randomly with this error:

error: Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:874:11)
    at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:544:26)
    Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:874:11)
    at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:544:26)

• Admin

@whitts said:

verbose: [translator] No resource file found for en_US/markdown, using provided fallback language file

That's ok, there's no en_US language file for Markdown, so it falls back to the default, which is en_GB. No problems there 😄

It's a verbose log message, which means it's really just informational.

• @julian OK no problem. Thanks (I'd rather set my site to British but I work for an American company ;)) any idea about the other error? I'm sure I've seen that error before on earlier masters.

• Admin

How are you running NodeBB? verbose errors don't normally show up with ./nodebb start.

• @julian These errors were showing on my dev server which i start with nodebb dev... Only reason i start it like that is because nodebb start doesnt work on my dev server (never has) - it works fine on my live server . I only use this server for testing plugins and testing updates prior to doing it on the live. (its a carbon copy of my live server so the nodebb start not working must be some other setup issue).

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.