Reduce Font Size and Reducing the Line Spaces - throughout

1. I am a new bee here and hv no experience in forum S/W or HTML or scripting for that matter.
    2. With the help of many articles from this forums, I manged to installed nodebb in digitalocean and testing it currently.
    3. Currently I am struggling with "Reducing Font Size-Over all" and also "Reduce Line spaces" to accommodate more content in the screen generally across.
    4. As usual hv tried and found many references around this, but some how i am not able to get it done. I read many references on using "Custom CSS", I am not able to get it right.
    5. I am using NodeBB v0.8.2. and latest version of default "Persona Theme"
    6. Following screenshots explain what i am trying to acheive. Any help will be much appreciated.

0_1445194735126_upload-74b1775c-3817-40ea-bcd6-c21d30731182
    0_1445194760021_upload-1ede8704-4e69-4949-822c-309cafad7750

• Global Moderator

You can add Custom CSS with the ACP (Appearance -> Custom CSS). As a start, the following will do what you want.

.categories > li .content > h2, .category > ul > li .content h2 {
        font-size: 15px;
    }

.categories > li, .category > ul > li {
        padding-bottom: 0;
    }

.topic h1 .topic-title {
        font-size: 23px;
    }

hr {
        margin-top: 10px;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
    }

• Thank you so much @pitaj . It made my day, I hv been struggling with this for few days.., It is working for what i hv asked for . I am still trying to understand the syntax and keywords, so that i can use it in more locations/more changes.

1. is there a list of various elements (like .topic etc ) which i can refer and do more such customization. ?

2. Also another question is there a way, I can get page menu items created and be mapped to a category ? like the following ??
      0_1445284283103_upload-1ef2ae68-9436-4347-9746-77a2fd6529c1

• Global Moderator

@ngsankar

1. You should be able to use the inspection tools in Firefox or Chrome to get the CSS class of the element by right clicking and clicking inspect element

2. You can create custom menu items in the ACP (I believe under General -> Navigation) and link them to your category pages

• Thanks @pitaj . I am learning and it getting more interesting. I am able to do the menus also partially and with lil more time, I can i for the way i want i guess. Thanks you ur support.

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.