NodeBB v0.7.3

• GNU/Linux Admin

@henrywright Ah, good of you to check.

Seems ./nodebb upgrade isn't working as it should at the moment. Instead, please run npm i && node app --upgrade.

The problem is being investigated...

gh#3451

• @julian Thanks for replying so quick. I'll hold off just for the moment until you guys put out the fire 🙂

• GNU/Linux Admin

@henrywright Ok, latest commit in v0.7.x branch contains the fix for the broken ./nodebb upgrade call.

If you want to upgrade, those are the steps, although also cp -r node_modules/ node_modules_bk just to back up the node_modules folder.

Let me know if it works 😄

• @julian Upgrade seems to have gone smoothly (including ./nodebb upgrade). Now running 0.7.3. Thanks!

• Just an FYI:

I used the same steps as @henrywright a few hours ago and works for me. So @julian if something broke in broke after my last post to the thread like 2hrs ago, You can use that as a time stamp. I was probably one of the first people to upgrade.

• One thing I did have to do was clear my browsing data because I was getting some 502 Nginx error pages show up. Since clearing all browsing data everything has been fine.

• Setting homepage as recent renders the following error

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!

/

Object # has no method 'recent'

Navigating to URL/recent renders the page just fine.

Full ST

18/8 18:27 [26471] - error: /
     TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'recent'
        at Controllers.home (/home/a_5mith/35hz/src/controllers/index.js:45:27)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/a_5mith/35hz/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/home/a_5mith/35hz/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at /home/a_5mith/35hz/src/middleware/middleware.js:74:3
        at Object.async.each (/home/a_5mith/35hz/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:118:20)
        at middleware.pluginHooks (/home/a_5mith/35hz/src/middleware/middleware.js:70:8)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/a_5mith/35hz/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/home/a_5mith/35hz/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at middleware.pageView (/home/a_5mith/35hz/src/middleware/middleware.js:62:4)

• Staff Admin

@a_5mith nice catch fixed on master and 0.7.x

• Community Rep

nbbpm.compatibility is using semver syntax, correct?

• GNU/Linux Admin

@BDHarrington7 said:

nbbpm.compatibility is using semver syntax, correct?

Yes, a semver range.

If your plugin works with 0.7.0 and up, use ^0.7.0, you'll have to trust us not to introduce breaking changes in the 0.7.x branch 😉

If it is compatible with 0.6.1 and up, for example, use >= 0.6.1 ^0.7.0

• error after upgrade. im using mongo database.

[cluster] Child Process (6671) has exited (code: 0, signal: null)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:278:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
        at require (module.js:384:17)
        at module.init (/root/nodebb/src/database/mongo.js:52:18)
        at /root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:653:23
        at fn (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:638:34)
        at Immediate._onImmediate (/root/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:554:34)
        at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:367:17)```

• I have always git pull master, and always has this Error : cannot find module .... I did try .\nodebb upgrade, npm install, but nothing works. Even changing branch git checkout v0.7.2 still showing cannot find module.

The only thing work for me is, to remove all node_modules then install it back. After that, I did npm install redis and connect-redis.

// remove all node_modules
    rm -rf node_modules/

// re-install dependencies
    npm install

// install redis and redis-server
    npm install redis
    npm install connect-redis

• GNU/Linux Admin

@fakhrullah Thanks for your feedback 😄 Turns out it was a problem with our invocation of the npm install command, so I've replaced it for v0.7.3, and republished. Hopefully, there should no longer be any future problems!

• Hello,

I tried all @fakhrullah "npm" commands to upgrade 0.7.0 to 0.7.3 : perfect !

Thanks a lot ! 👍

• Love NodeBB, love the new release approach and love the new package policy.

• @drew said:

Love NodeBB, love the new release approach and love the new package policy.

I love NodeBB too, I just search the best GUI for Redis !!!

Regards

• GNU/Linux

@julian said:

If you are a @3rd-Party-Developers, and your plugin does not have nbbpm.compatibility in its package.json, your plugin will no longer appear in ACP/Plugins

Returning from a break and wondering where all those plugins went. xD
    Love it, though.

• Good to know, i am helping. I always afraid to write something, in case i'm wrong. Now I know, I am Genius. 😄

• Hello there,

just upgraded to v0.7.3 first tried

./nodebb stop
    git pull
    ./nodebb upgrade

but was still in v0.7.2 so

./nodebb stop
    git checkout v0.7.3
    ./nodebb upgrade

then start and I'm on V0.7.3 but my homepage is broken is the fefault is to recent with this error

28/8 03:26 [2239] - error: /
     TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'recent'
        at Controllers.home (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/controllers/index.js:45:27)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at /usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:74:3
        at Object.async.each (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/async/lib/async.js:118:20)
        at middleware.pluginHooks (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:70:8)
        at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
        at next (/usr/local/share/nodebb/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:131:13)
        at middleware.pageView (/usr/local/share/nodebb/src/middleware/middleware.js:62:4)

how can I fix it this point ?
    thanks

also nobebb says last version is v0.8.0 but not found any information on this announcement ? can I safe upgrade ?

Suggested Topics

| |