[nodebb-plugin-reputation-rules] Reputation Rules Plugin for NodeBB

• Plugin & Theme Dev

Reputation Rules Plugin for NodeBB

This plugin lets you configure the parameters to manage the reputation system in your NodeBB instance..

Captura de pantalla 2015-08-18 a las 20.07.00.png

Reputation Rules Plugin for NodeBB

Rules to prevent abuse of the reputation system and reward most valuable users.

Rule #1

Upvoting In order to upvote, the user must have

• {MIN_POSTS_TO_UPVOTE} posts or more
    • at least {MIN_DAYS_TO_UPVOTE} days since registration

Rule #2

Downvoting In order to downvote, the user must have

• {MIN_POSTS_TO_DOWNVOTE} posts or more
    • at least {MIN_DAYS_TO_DOWNVOTE} since registration
    • {MIN_REPUTATION_TO_DOWNVOTE} reputation or more

Rule #3

Downvoting costs {DOWNVOTE_PENALIZATION} reputation (user who votes loses some reputation)

Rule #4

One user can't vote (up or down) more than X times a day, being X = reputation/10. With a minimum of 5 and a max of 50

Rule #5

Reputation can be disabled in certain subforums

Rule #6

A user cannot vote the same person twice in a month

Rule #7

A user cannot vote more than 5 messages in the same thread

Rule #8

Upvotes give extra reputation depending on the user who is voting:

• extra reputation = floor(votersReputation * 5%) (you can change this percentage in the ACP)

Downvotes decrease extra reputation depending on the user who is voting:

• extra reputation = floor(votersReputation * 5%) (you can change this percentage in the ACP)

Rule #9

Undoing votes:

• undoing an upvote should remove extra reputation awarded when upvote was given (extra rep should not be recalculated)
    • undoing a downvote should remove penalization to voter and give the extra reputation the author lost when he got the downvote

Rule #10

Upvotes and downvotes should have a maximum weigh, configurable. So that rule #8 doesn't make vote points tend to infinity.

(TO-DO)

• Ban for low reputation

Installation

npm install nodebb-plugin-reputation-rules

https://github.com/exo-do/nodebb-plugin-reputation-rules

• plugin almost finished, what's missing right now:

• rule 5: Reputation can be disabled in certain subforums
    • admin control panel
    • translations for error messages

we are now testing all functionality.

• We have had a lot of problems with translations server-side. It was working on v0.7.0, but stopped working on v0.7.2 without any warnings/errors in the console... So we have implemented our own translator.

Rule #5 has been implemented, and we are now working on the ACP.

So, no more TODOs, feel free to test it, we are now going to publish it to npm.

• Plugin & Theme Dev

updated 1.0.0

• Does it work on 0.9.4 ?

• Plugin & Theme Dev

@Gaurav-Grv-Robinson said:

Does it work on 0.9.4 ?

Not sure. Didnt test yet

• Translator

No Ban for low reputation is bad I think BC it's unfair for new users. 😛

• v1.0.3 released
    Works with NodeBB 1.0.x and also 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9 versions as far as I know.

Whats new:

• Plugin configuration panel completely reworked, now looks more material, following the NodeBB ACP design style
    • New feature: downvotes can have weigh too. This means that downvotes can remove more than just "1" points to the one being downvoted, depending on the user reputation.
    • New feature: downvotes can now remove a custom number of points from the user who votes. It is called "downvote penalization". You can set this to zero to disable it.
    • New feature: you can set a maximum number of extra points for upvotes, cause "upvote weigh" is a percentage of user's reputation, and that can grow to very very high numbers, so now you can limit it.
    • New feature: downvotes can also be limited, same as previous point.

Here is a screenshot of all the options you can configure from the ACP:
    alt text

• Why this is not in ACP? Really need this plugin

• @Muchsin-Assegaf What is not in ACP?

• @TheBronx your plugin.. Its the best 👍

Owh, forgot to mention.. I'm using managed host by NodeBB.
    So I can't manually instal plugins.. Only plugins that already listed in ACP

• @Muchsin-Assegaf Thats probably because the plugin.json file states that the plugin can only be installed on v1.0.x:

"nbbpm": {
        "compatibility": "^1.0.x"
    }

And you are probably using an older version of NodeBB. I always use npm install so I haven't paid attention to this value to be honest. I can change it later and publish it to npm again so you can find it. What version of NodeBB are you using?

• @TheBronx Now I'm using v1.1.0 and will update to v1.1.1 soon

• @TheBronx Just to inform you that I'm using this plugin right now.. Its a great one, thank you

• @Muchsin-Assegaf said in [nodebb-plugin-reputation-rules] Reputation Rules Plugin for NodeBB:

@TheBronx Just to inform you that I'm using this plugin right now.. Its a great one, thank you

Glad to hear that 👍 Thank you too!

• v1.1.0 released

• Now you can disable votes on messages that are "too old" (you can configure this in number of days, or 0 to disable)
    • Added nbbpm compatibility 1.0.x and 1.1.x (it should work in older versions, but I am not sure)

Looks like your connection to NodeBB was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.