[nodebb-plugin-newsletter] Send e-mail newsletters to your users.
A Former User last edited by
Has anyone tested this on master lately? Emails aren't rendering a preview or sending from my test forum.
Updated to v0.5.0
- Fixed compatibility with NodeBB v1.0.0
- Added an option to use raw HTML in your newsletter instead of parsing as a post.
- Fixed relative paths for uploaded images and files.
- No longer requires Markdown.
- No longer loads composer add-ons, only basic buttons.
Updated to v0.6.0
- Fixed some more issues when using relative urls.
- Removed dependency on the default composer.
- Changed the ACP newsletter form to be HTML only.
- Preview now displays in a modal, for a better idea of what it will look like when sent.
- Admins can now send a newsletter when making a new topic.
- Parses the newsletter as a post.
- Shows a preview in a modal just like in the ACP.
Fixed sending a newletter from a new topic in latest nbb.
Would be great to have a feature where an admin can select several user groups.
spwolf last edited by
nodebb 1.50 and newsletter 0.6.4 - i can select only 2 user groups - Administrators and Everyone. I can not send to custom user groups anymore.
Tried it in both new topic and newsletter in admin panel.
Does anyone else have same problem? Any suggestions?
- Fixed nbb v1.5.x compatibility
- Now uses tinyMCE
- Can select multiple groups to send to at once.
- Can override subscription settings.
- Can use an e-mail blacklist.
Craig last edited by
Hello, hoping someone can help here!
I'm having an issue with this plugin saying users are banned. I've set up the in built Gmail service and test emails/digest/registration emails etc are all working wonderfully.
I have the newsletter plugin installed (and I reinstalled it to see if this helped, it didn't) and every time I try to send a newsletter I get a message saying successfully sent, but no email arrives. Looking at the logs, I'm getting the following:
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] UID 2 is attempting to send a newsletter.
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] Sending newsletter to groups: "everyone"
13/10 09:07:37  - [33mwarn[39m: [Newsletter] UID 1 has invalid user data, skipping...
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] UID 2 is banned, skipping...
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] UID 3 is banned, skipping...
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] UID 4 is banned, skipping...
13/10 09:07:37  - [32minfo[39m: [Newsletter] Successfully sent newsletter to 0 user(s)!
UID1 is the admin account I think, which does not have an email address associated with it. UID2 is my account, also with adminstrator privileges, and I am definitely not banned...
Has anyone run into this problem before? I have tried using every single email plugin with the same results, although given that the other email functions are working and its saying sent to 0 users, i suspect its some other issue rather than email authorization. Appreciate any help!
I pushed version 0.7.1 to the admin panel, which I think should fix this. Let me know. Thanks!
Craig last edited by
@yariplus its working perfectly now thank you very much!!!