Hello/introduction/feature requests/thanks

• Admin

thanks for the kind words!

I think a few of these features already exist 🙂 its 3:20 am here so I'm going to sleep instead of replying properly 😛

one thing I do have to say though, is that we need more theme designers (we only have our awesome @trevor that is doing some cool things so far), so I think there's a lot of room for you to be able to contribute I hope 🙂

• Admin

6 - there's a way to close registration up, so I think building an invite box in the admin panel might not be too difficult

7 - right now there's a moderator threshold you can set in the control panel (ex. if you hit 1000 reputation, you become able to delete posts). At some point we'll implement a thumbs down as well

8 - right now we have the youtube, dailymotion, and vimeo plugins. For images, you'd need to use markdown syntax ex. ![alt text](limage url)although a plugin for this could be possible as well

I think everything else will find themselves implemented via plugins at some point in time. All of them are valid and pretty important things to have!

• Thats very exciting. For #7, new members tend to ask questions and get hazed by the veterans. Flame wars start this way and eventually someone gets banned and/or the new member quits the forum. Giving a new member moderator powers of their own thread should work. I think psychologically, simply knowing that you can delete offensive comments alleviates much of the stress of being a new member. You don't feel quite as powerless.

• Also happy New Years everyone. This is a great way to start 2014.

• NodeBB

Happy new year!

• Plugin & Theme Dev Anime Lovers GNU/Linux

Happy New Year! Lets start out this new year with a bang!

• Admin

bang

• Plugin & Theme Dev Anime Lovers GNU/Linux

Nice! That's what I had in mind.

• 6 - there's a way to close registration up, so I think building an invite box in the admin panel might not be too difficult

7 - right now there's a moderator threshold you can set in the control panel (ex. if you hit 1000 reputation, you become able to delete posts). At some point we'll implement a thumbs down as well

8 - right now we have the youtube, dailymotion, and vimeo plugins. For images, you'd need to use markdown syntax ex. ![alt text](limage url)although a plugin for this could be possible as well

I think everything else will find themselves implemented via plugins at some point in time. All of them are valid and pretty important things to have!

• Thanks for the support this morning @Julian. I really appreciate it. I definitely will use node in the future soon as few more things are in place. In the meantime i'll take a look at what I can do to the themes to make NodeBB work for me.

• GNU/Linux Admin

@kevin - No problemo. Hopefully we'll see you back at NodeBB sometime in the future 🙂

Suggested Topics

| |